X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan Tools

I like their drum machines but I am sick of the service and lack of variety of cutter heads. Why have a machine rated up to 10'' drains and offer cutters up to 6''? I can't wait for a jetter.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: Spartan Tools

I can't think of a Spartan machine I would put into a 10" line... NO WAY in Hell I would put a .66 "Magnum cable in 10" especially out to 300', there is a reason Spartan's largest tool is a 6"...

6" or greater you better be using a K-1500 Sectional.

I learned Drain cleaning on the Old American Made Spartan's (1065 & 100 & 81) but I hear the quality has fallen off since they outsourced to China, though Spartan is not alone in the outsourcing department...

Comment

I have been told an Electric Eel Model C would be better. If anyone has ever used both (K-1500/Model C) and can weigh in?
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        I have been told an Electric Eel Model C would be better. If anyone has ever used both (K-1500/Model C) and can weigh in?
        Need to do research before posting that......100 extra feet out of the K-1500SP than the eel.

Now I need to know why it was recommended.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

i have the k-1500 and the general 82/88 which is a clone to the model c.

the 1500 is basically the bigger brother to the k-60 and therefore operates in the same manner as so.

the model c and 82/88 are more of an open section of cable that is pushed ahead of the machine while it spins into the drain.

as long as you don't have an issue with 10' or less of cable flopping on the ground, the c or 82/88 is less physically demanding. you're not really handling the cables until you need to couple another section. and there are times i will couple 20-30' at a time and spin it in.

i tend to use my timberwolf drill 90% of the time while spinning 1.25'' cable. plus a jetter will usually come before i drag out my 1500, or 82-88 general.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Need to do research before posting that......100 extra feet out of the K-1500SP than the eel.

Now I need to know why it was recommended.
            Because the Kool Aid at DCF (Drain Cleaning Forum) is Blue (for Electric Eel products). The Kool Aid is Red (for Ridgid) over here. Honestly those guys like Eel because that is what they run. Eel makes a gas powered machine with a clutch that can push more distance than the Model C. There is also a 1HP version of the model C.

The 1500 will push out well over 200' (been there) but pulling it back is PITA! The Eel model C does the pulling for you.
            Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 05-06-2012, 02:15 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

I run the Electric Eel Model C (3/4 HP) and I can easily go out over 200'. The rating on Electric Eel's site is for the standard 1/2 hp model, they also offer a 3/4 hp and a 1 hp model. The 3/4 & 1 hp models will go out past 200 with ease. I can't speak for the K1500, as I don't own one(yet). I've seen the K1500 in action and it is a beast of a machine, but I would say the Model C has more power. I'm not saying that because I'm a fan boy of Eel, I'm saying that because it's the truth. The K1500 can spin with more RPMs, so it has it's advantages over the Model C too. Model C will ripe through blockages, the K1500 will chew threw them. Either will get the job done, the Model C and the K1500 are two of the best sewer machines for main lines imo. Can't go wrong with either. The reason I own the Model C is I prefer there cable over Ridgids, prefer the power advantage of the direct drive motor, and I like how the Model C is the more reliable machine. It also has the smaller foot print over the K1500.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                I run the Electric Eel Model C (3/4 HP) and I can easily go out over 200'. The rating on Electric Eel's site is for the standard 1/2 hp model, they also offer a 3/4 hp and a 1 hp model. The 3/4 & 1 hp models will go out past 200 with ease. I can't speak for the K1500, as I don't own one(yet). I've seen the K1500 in action and it is a beast of a machine, but I would say the Model C has more power. I'm not saying that because I'm a fan boy of Eel, I'm saying that because it's the truth. The K1500 can spin with more RPMs, so it has it's advantages over the Model C too. Model C will ripe through blockages, the K1500 will chew threw them. Either will get the job done, the Model C and the K1500 are two of the best sewer machines for main lines imo. Can't go wrong with either. The reason I own the Model C is I prefer there cable over Ridgids, prefer the power advantage of the direct drive motor, and I like how the Model C is the more reliable machine. It also has the smaller foot print over the K1500.
                But you are, aren't you?

Comment

I do like there products. Model C and Model N are some of the best drain cleaning machines out there.
                  Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    Because the Kool Aid at DCF (Drain Cleaning Forum) is Blue (for Electric Eel products). The Kool Aid is Red (for Ridgid) over here.
                    I'm gonna have to disagree with that statement too, Name:  d1b8e141b4c1b65c4877841fc66d0e4d.gif
Views: 1
Size:  515 Bytes ! (Where's the "Hide in foxhole smilie?)

Pretty diverse overall. Let's See Your Machines Will's about the only true-blue-blooded DCF'er there is.
                    Last edited by SewerRat; 05-06-2012, 03:18 PM. Reason: had to take a jab at Will while I had the chance

Comment

We are using the new style 1500. And I don't remember the old wheelbarrel design spinning the cable as fast as the new design does. I don't really like a cable spinning fast, tends to kink cables in a hurry.

Comment

The K1500SP(1 hp version) Spinned the cable at 600 rpms, the regular K1500 (3/4 hp) spins at 710 rpms. The Model C will do 500 rpms.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

Comment

I have an EEL 325 Longest push I have done with it 360'. In 3rd gear it will spin at 1050 rpm. It is a beast and will give you a workout like you been at the gym all day

Comment

360' would be 45 joints of cable(if your using 8' sections). Bet your back was killing you.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

Comment

There's no problem for me in using Spartan tools. I do fix immediate problems with regards on this tool. Maybe, it's just a matter of experience in using this.
                              How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

Working...
                              X