Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Inverter to replace a generator.

Sick of making room and lugging a generator around. Anybody have a name brand to recommend. I plan on hooking it up to the battery and putting it in a side bin. Enough to run any drain cleaning equipment only.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: Power Inverter to replace a generator.

I like Xantrex
    Consider that for every amp your 120V tool requires you will be pulling 10A from a 12V battery

Comment

actually slightly more than that as they are not 100% efficient.

i burned up my 1500 watt inverter and purchased a 2300 watt with wireless remote. so far so good. but my sprinter came with a factory second battery especially for an inverter and all the charging you can ever need with a 200 amp factory alternator and battery isolator for the main starting battery. in fact the only item on the second battery before i installed the inverter was a cigarette/ power outlet.

Costco - PowerBright 2300 Watt 12 Volt Power Inverter

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        Sick of making room and lugging a generator around. Anybody have a name brand to recommend. I plan on hooking it up to the battery and putting it in a side bin. Enough to run any drain cleaning equipment only.
        Xantrax is expensive imo. However, if you work in an area where temperatures get really warm (Over 100 degrees F) then you really need to consider the inverters that are designed to operate in higher temps.

I have a 3000 watt Aims 12 VDC to AC pure sine wave inverter parked on the bulkhead behind my seat within 12" of the dedicated battery and that inverter has never missed a beat. Just last week I used it to run a Bosch Boehrhammer through an 18" thick concrete wall. I like the pure sine waves, they cost more but won't damage any electronics you may decide to hookup. The bare minimum I would consider would be 2000 watt.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Xantrax is expensive imo. However, if you work in an area where temperatures get really warm (Over 100 degrees F) then you really need to consider the inverters that are designed to operate in higher temps.

I have a 3000 watt Aims 12 VDC to AC pure sine wave inverter parked on the bulkhead behind my seat within 12" of the dedicated battery and that inverter has never missed a beat. Just last week I used it to run a Bosch Boehrhammer through an 18" thick concrete wall. I like the pure sine waves, they cost more but won't damage any electronics you may decide to hookup. The bare minimum I would consider would be 2000 watt.

Yesterday I had to camera a sewer. At one point I ran the camera down a cleanout located outside near the road. Rather than run a couple extension cords back to the house I decided to run the inverter and one cord.

I was disappointed with the quality of the video image on the MyTana sewer video system using the Aims 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter. There were moving dots all over the screen and the distance counter would not show up. Once I ran the cords back to the house the problems went away. Very disappointed. I'm supposed to be able to run pretty much anything with that inverter. Maybe Xantrax is the way to go after all.

On a side note: The 4" diameter sewer had settled quite a bit. Originally it only had 2.5" grade over 105'. That's not much pitch. about 1/4" pitch for every ten feet of pipe. The sewer is a very thin wall pvc pipe for the first 70 feet. Then it turns into 4" cast iron to the main. Even in the street at the sewer main the lateral is slightly backpitched. What a mess!

The shame of it all is that the plumbing exiting the building is at least a foot under the footing so could have come up quite a bit. I suggested installing a grinder pump. Which the owner didn't like. Does anyone have a better suggestion?
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
          X