Cartoonish patch for leaking pipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartoonish patch for leaking pipes

My two grand daughters (4 and 3) love this video which at the two minute mark show an interesting way to patch leaks. If only it were that easy.

Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Cartoonish patch for leaking pipes

actually there is.

they make a silicone rescue tape that is stretched over the leak and multiple wraps are applied to bond to itself and seal the leak.

also there is the fiberglass type of pipe patch.

i use the colored rescue tape to mark my jetter hoses footage every 10'. sort of like a shrink wrap tubing.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      My two grand daughters (4 and 3) love this video which at the two minute mark show an interesting way to patch leaks. If only it were that easy.

That is great Geno!
      For the Girls, go to Pixar Brave trailer. They will love the Lil 16 Year old Red Hed comes out This June
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        actually there is.

they make a silicone rescue tape that is stretched over the leak and multiple wraps are applied to bond to itself and seal the leak.

also there is the fiberglass type of pipe patch.

i use the colored rescue tape to mark my jetter hoses footage every 10'. sort of like a shrink wrap tubing.

rick.
        Mike Warner with Source One Environmental patched a 72" pressurized water main for the city of Denver using their Power Wrap product. Two years ago and going strong.

Comment

I have used this type of product before with good results. This is supposed to be a permanent fix but I use it to allow for a scheduled shut down for commercial/industrial.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

RESCUE TAPE!! Used it a few times in a pinch. Once on a leaking 2" CI 45. It was 6pm, suppliers closed, couldn't replace with plastic, and didn't have one on hand. Served the waste line to a shower on a vacation rental. I rescue taped that sob and it held good until the next day.
            Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
            Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
            X