New use for a thermal imager!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New use for a thermal imager!

Maybe I can work this in on a service call?
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-08-2012, 11:42 PM.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: New use for a thermal imager!

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post

Maybe I can work this in on a service call?
    Gettinit: I used to provide vibration analysis and thermographic services to industry. (I sold that business). Anyway, one day I had a fellow call about me using the infrared imager to check his sister's back to see if we could locate an infection. Her doctor knew she had one but couldn't locate it.

Since I was very familiar with the imager and had used the imager on lots of people and also on another female without clothes I had a pretty good idea what to look for and what to expect.

So I scanned her back and located an assymetrical warm spot. The temperature difference was .4 degrees C. I captured an image, printed it and sent them on their way. I didn't charge them btw since I didn't want to risk liability. They never contacted me to let me know if that was the infection or not. In case you're wondering the sister did not turn around when her shirt was off and that was a good thing.

I'll tell you what though. If you're at the beach you can tell which women have breast implants and which ones don't. Breasts with implants have less circulation for the same amount of mass so tend to be cooler.** It's best to try this on an overcast day since the sun's reflection off things will interfere with your temperature scale.

** Ironically, the hottest looking women look coolest in infrared .

Good luck.
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-08-2012, 11:41 PM.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Re: New use for a thermal imager!

I have used it a few times on people to look at their knees and ankles. I knew I cold see the inflammation, but never expected it could be usefulness detecting breast cancer.

I recommend going to youtube and searching for breast cancer themography. I hope it works out well since there is no radiation and is painless...I think it should be painless.

My first post was kinda a joke but it is really being used by some doctors and may be gaining some momentum. Especially now that they are spacing mammograms out further due to the radiation. Evidently the radiation is enough to give them breast cancer from the frequent screenings.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
      X