Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90210 firefighters stick to your day job.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90210 firefighters stick to your day job.

i've always wanted to be a fireman and after what i saw today, the firemen should not be a plumber

had an old time customer call me the other day to tell me that the fire dept. came knocking on their 3rd. floor door at 2 am only reason why she wasn't upset was she said they were cute

apparently her downstairs 2nd. floor neighbor had water dripping into her kitchen ceiling and decided to call the fire dept instead of the neighbor, manager, or plumber.

fire dept comes out and determines that the dishwasher is leaking and disconnects the 3/8'' copper line in the cabinet under the sink and pulls the dishwasher 1/3 of the way out.

of course the following day the 3rd floor is using the single handle kitchen faucet and not knowing that the cold is crossing over to the disconnected hot 3 way angle stop, it continues to drip into the cabinet and back downstairs into the 2nd. floor who then calls the fire dept. again

this time they left a note as the 3rd. floor wasn't in at the time they came knocking.

so today i see the handy work they performed and thought to myself, what business does the fire dept have in coming to the building and disconnecting the ladies dishwasher. nice that they respond, but leave the plumbing to a plumber who knows right from wrong. all they had to do was shut the valve and not disconnect the machine.

i capped the line and turned back on the hot water. the dishwasher is too old to bother fixing.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: 90210 firefighters stick to your day job.

what kind of idiot calls the fire department for a water leak?....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      This could be interisting ! Just how far will they go? Any Suggestions? What do Fireman N Cops have in common? They both want to be fireman! Why are fireman trim N Cops Fat? Cops Eat doughnuts, Fireman eat bagles
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i've always wanted to be a fireman and after what i saw today, the firemen should not be a plumber

had an old time customer call me the other day to tell me that the fire dept. came knocking on their 3rd. floor door at 2 am only reason why she wasn't upset was she said they were cute

apparently her downstairs 2nd. floor neighbor had water dripping into her kitchen ceiling and decided to call the fire dept instead of the neighbor, manager, or plumber.

fire dept comes out and determines that the dishwasher is leaking and disconnects the 3/8'' copper line in the cabinet under the sink and pulls the dishwasher 1/3 of the way out.

of course the following day the 3rd floor is using the single handle kitchen faucet and not knowing that the cold is crossing over to the disconnected hot 3 way angle stop, it continues to drip into the cabinet and back downstairs into the 2nd. floor who then calls the fire dept. again

this time they left a note as the 3rd. floor wasn't in at the time they came knocking.

so today i see the handy work they performed and thought to myself, what business does the fire dept have in coming to the building and disconnecting the ladies dishwasher. nice that they respond, but leave the plumbing to a plumber who knows right from wrong. all they had to do was shut the valve and not disconnect the machine.

i capped the line and turned back on the hot water. the dishwasher is too old to bother fixing.

rick.
        So, a fireman is where you draw the line with someone calling a pro? LMAO....Joking.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Rick again you arent alone. Although over here many of our firies are ex tradies(just goes to show how confident they are of their qualifications hey...........!!!!!!!!) Then we have our Coppers! Now thats a good one. Some are tradies but most wish they could have been. When it comes to work, that is having work done, we are supposed to choke on our tears and say something like "Thats ok SIR, you put yopur life on the line to protect me and society, I should really be paying you for the privilege of doing your work."
          Amazing how some people never find their real calling, instead they keep intruding on ours.

Comment

Down here we sometimes refer to this a "FULL MOON Pnenonemen".................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seen a pickup truck yesterday with a big firemans hat before each logo, the co. name was "Off Duty Painting". Seen alot of these guys doing trades work too. And like Cleanmen2 said they always want us to do work for cheap, or next to nothing. They forget that their city job pays all their benefits. I'd like to see them go work for the city who employs them, for chump change.

Comment

The kind who don't want to get billed for bothering someone else in the middle of the night. They know the fire dept. is open 24-7. Not so the building management. Idiot, no. Jerk, definitely!

Comment

what kind of idiot fire dispatcher sends a truck to respond to a water leak, with no report of smoke or flame visible???
                  "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
                    Seen a pickup truck yesterday with a big firemans hat before each logo, the co. name was "Off Duty Painting". Seen alot of these guys doing trades work too. And like Cleanmen2 said they always want us to do work for cheap, or next to nothing. They forget that their city job pays all their benefits. I'd like to see them go work for the city who employs them, for chump change.
                    I know of a number of members of the fire and police departments in various cities and towns near me that flip houses while off duty. At least they used to before the bottom fell out of the housing market. Some did decent jobs but most should stick to eating donuts and getting cats out of trees.

Now most of the fire companies in these parts are volunteer, only three towns with paid departments in the whole county. These same three are the only municipalities that have their own police force, the rest use state police. Those that are volunteers have full time jobs, some working in the trades, some have full time jobs with their town with the road dept, or elsewhere, many work for the telephone company or electric utility.
                    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

So the Fire department had Firemen on duty being paid by the city who were plumbing without a license. Interesting. Maybe you should make a phone call to someone in the city administration?

Actually I'm guessing the Firemen didn't want to be there either.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                      X