X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for proof reading your literature, Graff

Got a call from one of my guys this morning about a Graff Roman tub infloor rough (G-1045) he's about to install. He asks me what I make of a on page cut sheet that shows the cold entering on the left and hot on the right. I say to give me the part # and I'll see if I can bring up the installation instructions on their web site. Upon doing so, I see the same sheet with the crossed waters. So, I call tech support and ask about it. First thing the tech guy says is that it doesn't matter. I say, it may not matter, or it may, depending on the handle configuration. He then admits that the picture is backwards and I say thank you and hang up. Meanwhile, my union plumber is twittleing his thumbs on the job. So much for keeping the stress levels (and BP) low today.

Re: Thanks for proof reading your literature, Graff

Reminds me of a discussion I had with an inspector that turned me down because [he said] I had hot and cold reversed on the Roman tub. Hot on the left cold on right from the operators position. I understand that to be from INSIDE the tub.

Right?... wrong?...

Comment

What if the operator is out of the tub? You need to install one faucet for operation inside the tub, & another faucet for operation outside the tub. Atleast that is what you should of told that inspector.

It is absolutely 100% for sure, hot on left & cold on right when inside the tub.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
        It is absolutely 100% for sure, hot on left & cold on right when inside the tub.
        I agree, but I have plumbed them the other way when it looked to me that the tub would generally be filled while the tub was unoccupied with the controls addressed from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          I agree, but I have plumbed them the other way when it looked to me that the tub would generally be filled while the tub was unoccupied with the controls addressed from the outside.
          You're all behind the Wave! The newest innovation is Kohler Hot n Cold foot pedals. If a guy falls behind He scalds His Balls !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
            I've never had an inspector get involved in the decision but I ALWAYS ask the homeowners which configuration they prefer. Most say relative to inside. The customers also like offering input. Maybe it makes them feel like they are more involved in the process.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
            X