X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote tempering valves on roman tubs

Are they requiring them in your area? Just started here on permits dated after Jan 1. F'ing PITA. Just another labor burning cost we have to pass along, if we can.

Re: Remote tempering valves on roman tubs

What temp are they wanting you to maintain?
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
      Are they requiring them in your area? Just started here on permits dated after Jan 1. F'ing PITA. Just another labor burning cost we have to pass along, if we can.
      And the Gov't wonders Why Permits arn't pulled for small jobs ! Good reason to bootleg !!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        What temp are they wanting you to maintain?
        UPC 2010 (also UPC 2007)
        415.5 Limitation of Hot Water in Bathtubs and Whirlpool Bathtubs
        The maximum hot water temperature discharging from a bathtub and whirlpool bathtub filler shall be limited to 120°F (49°C) by a device that conforms to ASSE 1070, Standard for Water Temperature Limiting Devices, or CSAB125.3, Standard for Plumbing Fittings. The water heater thermostat shall not be considered a control for meeting this provision.

Deos any of the following have this requirement?
        IPC
        NYC's plumbing code
        The national plumbing code of Canada
        NSPC

Comment

since you cannot use the water heater, put a mixing valve sized for the demand at the heater. I guess I should poke my nose in my code book.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

On my jobs putting an ASSE 1017 at the WH usually means a 1-1/4" or even an 1-1/2" unit which translates into $$$$. Plus 1017 tempering valves usually need servicing after about 5 years, depending on the quality of the water. Cheaper to put a ASSE 1070 at the tub. When it needs service, it only affects one fixture, not the whole house.

Comment

Honeywell has an AM-1 that should be rated for 10-15gpm. Either by itself or on a small house they work well and very little maintenance and maybe $50. Should be 1017.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
              X