X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a pump controller.

I have a customer with a cistern for irrigation. The problem is when the cistern is out of water the pump keeps on running. If you know of a good pump controller with a low water cut off and a relay for a motorized valve to introducing a municipal water supply, as a back-up.

Re: Looking for a pump controller.

Try a Heat Transfer Sales. They should be able to fix you up, or at least put you in the right direction if you want an all in one contraption. I would look into a water tower filler after your backflow preventer for the city water issue if he can't do without watering. Not sure on the pump....sorry.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

A float is the easiest way. Cable tie or tape the cord to the pipe so the float drops just before the water gets to the pump. For safety sake, you can use a 24 volt wall wart to reduce the voltage, run the pump wires through a relay with a 24 volt coil. Then put the float in series with the relay's coil. I have all these items if you can't find them locally. Being in the well business, I sell them all the time.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Sorry about the late follow-up. I ended deciding to use a Taco 501 single zone relay to accomplish my goals with this. The float switch is the "thermostat" that will allow the 24v from the irrigation control box to energize the existing relay for the 220v pump. One of the normally open (tt on the boiler) switches will opperate the motorized valve that will let in city water when the cistern is empty. I showed the Taco 501 schematic to our electrician and he liked it.

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/Fil...ry/100-5.3.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
          Sorry about the late follow-up. I ended deciding to use a Taco 501 single zone relay to accomplish my goals with this. The float switch is the "thermostat" that will allow the 24v from the irrigation control box to energize the existing relay for the 220v pump. One of the normally open (tt on the boiler) switches will opperate the motorized valve that will let in city water when the cistern is empty. I showed the Taco 501 schematic to our electrician and he liked it.

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/Fil...ry/100-5.3.pdf
          Did you get it from Heat Transfer? I thought they may have a one shot deal.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Try to check some pump controller online. I want to find also some heating system.
            How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

Working...
            X