X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer box for gas valve

Plumbing a laundry remodel. Home is about 40 Years old. Plumbed in an Oatly Box
    drain n valves included. Decided to locate the gas valve in a box in site just above the dryer. Makes sense it's easy, and in site to operate. Not many are.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Dryer box for gas valve

Did you use something like this?
    http://www.siouxchief.com/Resource_/...eet%201-10.pdf
    Or, did you use a dryer vent box with a factory tapped hole for gas?

Comment

Watch your overall length if inspected. Plus, you limit how far you can pull it out for cleaning. I would run it by the homeowner first.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
        Did you use something like this?
        http://www.siouxchief.com/Resource_/...eet%201-10.pdf
        Or, did you use a dryer vent box with a factory tapped hole for gas?
        Ran the new line today. Mon I'll pick up what Cal Steam Has in stock. Branched off attic line,will be upside down.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Extra sell, makes for a good mark up, an alarm in case of a leak/overflow. It is a good thing to have and homeowners eat it up.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

This how I look at all shutoffs. I always have the Ladies in mind. I show them how to shut it all down in an emergency. Also If there's teens ,I have them tag along for the lesson. I don't want a gal to have to manhandle an appliance away from a wall in an emergency. Why is 24" clear space in front of on a Elec. service disconnect ,but not on a stove or Dryer.
            I also tin snip copper flashing into a lettered Tag. I add a small chain and write main water shut off on it. Woman N Kids think this is cool. If dad doesn't Know which one
            the girls can show Him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
              Watch your overall length if inspected. Plus, you limit how far you can pull it out for cleaning. I would run it by the homeowner first.
              I'm flip flopping on this.
              Instead I'll use a dryer vent box , and also locate the gas valve in there. I will keep it low. Thanks
              All.

Comment

Working...
              X