Weird call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird call

Actually not calling and ensuring if they are home or not is foolish. If gas was free and the trip was instant, sure. But it's not. And things happen. Plus it prepares the customer for your arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Not worth it. I leave cali at the end of the month and this was the reason why I didn't want to go. At first I did when I accepted the call but then thinking about it later made me change my mind. AND, if I can't verify that someone will be there, I won't show up and I tell the customers this when they make an appointment. I just thought it funny that some people were telling me I was wrong without asking to know the full details. They just assume.
      I love the SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD attitude. God damn gear you made a call based on your gut feeling. Maybe you stuffed up, nobody knows. You felt suspicious, so stuff it, if you think your decision was right then so be it. Why should we put ourselves out for those that dont. I would have been susp on a similar situation. Share stories and help eachother, no need to be judge and jury and executioner.

Comment

I hate phone calls, so the less, the better. Just scheduled a job for next wed. Told customer I will be there at 8am, if something changes, I will call you, or you call me. Otherwise I will be there. No need for any more contact, or calling IMO.

Comment

Good job trusting your gut. I would have done the same thing. I always call before going out to verify if they are there or not.

About a month or so ago I get a call from a guy for a drain stoppage and he also wants to locate the lateral. I set him up with a afternoon appointment 2-4, told him I would call him when I was on my way. He called me twice during the day to make sure I was coming. I was starting to think man this guy is a PIA I don't even want to go now and was having bad feelings.
          When I called him to tell him I was on my way he asked if I could pick him up at a restaurant right down the street, his car was in the shop and he was having lunch with a friend.

Very reluctantly I agreed, and the feeling got worse. Him AND HIS FRIEND get into my truck, and the guy starts blabbin about how he was some electrical engineer and now he buys houses, fixes em up and sells it. As this guy proceeds to talk my feeling gets worse and worse and I have the thought that these guys are going to jack me.

So he directs me to this shady neighborhood and a very ghetto house. I'm like ohhh wow, this is way sketchy. So I had actually come from the range that early morning and still had my glock under my seat so I told the guy look I'm gonna make a call I'll be right there. So as they are walking away I am tucking my glock into the front of my waist band. They guy starts walking me around the back side of the house trying to open doors which are all locked. Now we are at the back side of the house and its super windy, and these guys are pretty much talking nonsense.

Then one of the guys pulled the other to the side and whispered to him and they looked at each other and then thanked me for coming out and said have a nice day. I'm sure he must of noticed the glock when the wind was blowing against me.

The whole situation was the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered.

I always trust my gut. Infact I took a job recently that my gut kept telling me not too because it was a PIA mainland contractor who did not understand our permitting process or the fact that things take 4-6 weeks to get here unless you want to pay ridiculous air shipping fees. I took it anyway because I bid it way high. Well I should've trusted my gut. The superintendent is a real a$$, and I almost walked off the job yesterday.
          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
            Good job trusting your gut. I would have done the same thing. I always call before going out to verify if they are there or not.

About a month or so ago I get a call from a guy for a drain stoppage and he also wants to locate the lateral. I set him up with a afternoon appointment 2-4, told him I would call him when I was on my way. He called me twice during the day to make sure I was coming. I was starting to think man this guy is a PIA I don't even want to go now and was having bad feelings.
            When I called him to tell him I was on my way he asked if I could pick him up at a restaurant right down the street, his car was in the shop and he was having lunch with a friend.

Very reluctantly I agreed, and the feeling got worse. Him AND HIS FRIEND get into my truck, and the guy starts blabbin about how he was some electrical engineer and now he buys houses, fixes em up and sells it. As this guy proceeds to talk my feeling gets worse and worse and I have the thought that these guys are going to jack me.

So he directs me to this shady neighborhood and a very ghetto house. I'm like ohhh wow, this is way sketchy. So I had actually come from the range that early morning and still had my glock under my seat so I told the guy look I'm gonna make a call I'll be right there. So as they are walking away I am tucking my glock into the front of my waist band. They guy starts walking me around the back side of the house trying to open doors which are all locked. Now we are at the back side of the house and its super windy, and these guys are pretty much talking nonsense.

Then one of the guys pulled the other to the side and whispered to him and they looked at each other and then thanked me for coming out and said have a nice day. I'm sure he must of noticed the glock when the wind was blowing against me.

I always trust my gut. Infact I took a job recently that my gut kept telling me not too because it was a PIA mainland contractor who did not understand our permitting process or the fact that things take 4-6 weeks to get here unless you want to pay ridiculous air shipping fees. I took it anyway because I bid it way high. Well I should've trusted my gut. The superintendent is a real a$$, and I almost walked off the job yesterday.
            Buy a LOTTERY Ticket, you deserve to win........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh if only we could get away with the GLOCK down here, maybe the default rate on payment would disappear................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post

I couldn't have helped but ask about the job at that point. You could have offered to shoot off a lock for him.

I'm glad to read things worked out OK.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X