X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird call

Guy calls up on saturday and wants me to snake his upstairs bathtub. He says I've been there before and he used this phone number. I tell him I'll be there mon at 9am. Looking at my invoicing, I never did any work for this guy and his number or name isn't coming up in my program. I tried calling him back but got the answering machine that said the mailbox isn't setup. So obviously here's monday and I don't go.

Around 1045 am, a lady calls and asks if I forgot about the 9am as she's still waiting at the house. I explain the situation to her and she seems to get kinda nervous and says my husband must've been mistaken about me being there before but don't worry we already got someone else. She hung up abruptly. I tried to call her back and got the same message about the mailbox not set up.

I'm in a 805 area code. The guy had a 719 area code and his wife had a 281 area code. Something weird but I'm glad I didn't go on this one.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Weird call

Yes,I never question My intuition ! You were getting set up ! Any plumbers trucks full of tools been Hi jacked lately ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Yes,I never question My intuition ! You were getting set up ! Any plumbers trucks full of tools been Hi jacked lately ?
      They say when times get tough .............!!!! Thanks Tool I suppose we are a little naive down under. never heard of such thing going on. I know the good book says you shouldnt but like all scammers, KHARMA will get them one day. just hope its the day KHARMA is driving a BIG TRUCK.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm in a 805 area code. The guy had a 719 area code and his wife had a 281
        area code.
        That may or may not be important. Today, its difficult to put a location to a area code unless its an old POTS line.

For example, my home phone, my wifes cell, and my cell all have different area codes. I've had the land line number
        since 1982, my current cell number since 1995, and my wife has had her cell since 1998. Both cellular accounts were
        initiated in the same county/same state as the LL number, but are with different service providers.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If I had accepted a call for service I would have honored it at least to explain the situation if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            If I had accepted a call for service I would have honored it at least to explain the situation if nothing else.
            I Beg to disagree . Gear Has plenty of Honor . He proves that daily wearing the Navy uniform, and protecting Us and our loved ones . Customer doesn't deserve His time ,when He lied to Gear.
            There is a great saying, Wise Men adhere to. " As it starts,so it goes "
            Most people aren't as perceptive as Gear.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              I Beg to disagree . Gear Has plenty of Honor . He proves that daily wearing the Navy uniform, and protecting Us and our loved ones . Customer doesn't deserve His time ,when He lied to Gear.
              There is a great saying, Wise Men adhere to. " As it starts,so it goes "
              Most people aren't as perceptive as Gear.

MAYBE the person had really thought they used him in the past. To set up an appointment and not show up is wrong IMO. The home owner was waiting/wasting time and had called wondering where he was.

This has NOTHING to do with his time served in the military.

Comment

strange to have a Colorado area code and a Texas area code calling from a California location for service
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

you did the right thing ben. if i can't verify the caller or referral, i don't waste my time. plus when you called them, although they didn't answer, they still saw your number on their phone when you called. sounds like a setup.

had they actually been honest where they got your #, then i would have gone once i verified they were home.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Gear made the effort to call them back to verify, so he was not just a cold show.

I have had folks do the same thing but call 4 plumbers and see which one showed up first, funny when we all showed up within 5 minutes. 4 plumbers and 3 helpers all trying to give the job to the other once we figured out the customers game.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      Gear made the effort to call them back to verify, so he was not just a cold show.

I have had folks do the same thing but call 4 plumbers and see which one showed up first, funny when we all showed up within 5 minutes. 4 plumbers and 3 helpers all trying to give the job to the other once we figured out the customers game.
                      Happened to me once. I got with everyone and we all billed her our minimums. All or none on that one. One person did stay behind and do the repair. I understand price shopping but that was stealing to those that came out and didn't get the job.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • conductor fault locating
                      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        MAYBE the person had really thought they used him in the past. To set up an appointment and not show up is wrong IMO. The home owner was waiting/wasting time and had called wondering where he was.

This has NOTHING to do with his time served in the military.
                        So after I tried to call and left a text message with no response, what else should I have done? How would you have handled the situation differently?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          had they actually been honest where they got your #, then i would have gone once i verified they were home.

rick.
                          They said I left a magnet on their refer, which I do, but they weren't in my records.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            So after I tried to call and left a text message with no response, what else should I have done? How would you have handled the situation differently?

I would have shown up for the job as agreed the last time you spoke to each other.

I can see I'm not going to win any support on your turf, lol

Comment

Thank you for your opinion.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X