Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

    Broke down and bought one on Amazon. $262.28 delivered.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

    that's 10% of a propress. but 10 times slower.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

      Oops.... I think I meant to post my comment in this thread and I accidentally posted it in the "swap meet score" thread.
      Ideal Plumbing

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

        Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Broke down and bought one on Amazon. $262.28 delivered.
        Awesome! You will not regret the purchase. Deburr your pipe well and go to town. If you can't get it in there far, have some "Cool gel" or similar heat sink on standby to help so you don't destroy the washers. Apply with a brush since that manufacturer seemed to stop carrying the gel. You do not want it where you will be soldering. If you need one over 2" I recommend getting the ones with a hose connection on them to drain off the excess water.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

        Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          that's 10% of a propress. but 10 times slower.

          rick.
          Rick , Plumbing is one of My passions , but in the minority of My work. I can't justify $2100. for a pro press!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

            Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
            Awesome! You will not regret the purchase. Deburr your pipe well and go to town. If you can't get it in there far, have some "Cool gel" or similar heat sink on standby to help so you don't destroy the washers. Apply with a brush since that manufacturer seemed to stop carrying the gel. You do not want it where you will be soldering. If you need one over 2" I recommend getting the ones with a hose connection on them to drain off the excess water.
            Thanks ,Good info. I always carry cool Gel. I even De Bur the water hammer riser ends, I'm sick!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

              Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
              Awesome! You will not regret the purchase. Deburr your pipe well and go to town. If you can't get it in there far, have some "Cool gel" or similar heat sink on standby to help so you don't destroy the washers. Apply with a brush since that manufacturer seemed to stop carrying the gel. You do not want it where you will be soldering. If you need one over 2" I recommend getting the ones with a hose connection on them to drain off the excess water.
              Hey TOOL, look at the WheelerRex site for the de-burring tool. I know I paid ove the top but it was well worth it. Ashamably I cant recall who sent me the link here but Wheeler Rex has some real good tools.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                I have a couple of the jet swets, but I'm still being stubborn about buying the entire kit.

                Our only commercial account (6 story apartment building) won't let us us Pro-press for some reason and I have no idea why, but I asked about it a year ago.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                  I have an assortment of de burring tools, do You feel wheeler Rex is a better one? Does anyone make a battery one ?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                    Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    I have an assortment of de burring tools, do You feel wheeler Rex is a better one? Does anyone make a battery one ?
                    I have both of these Ridgid ones and I really like them. A little pricey, but well worth it.: 223S/227S Inner-Outer Reamers - RIDGID Professional Tools

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                      Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      I have both of these Ridgid ones and I really like them. A little pricey, but well worth it.: 223S/227S Inner-Outer Reamers - RIDGID Professional Tools
                      thanks just ordered the 1/4" -1 1/4" Amazon bout $35.00
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                        Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        I have an assortment of de burring tools, do You feel wheeler Rex is a better one? Does anyone make a battery one ?
                        I haven't used one of these but for about $15 online, it might be worth checking out: TOOL, DEBURR - Greenlee - Made for the Tradeā„¢ 783310111702

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                          Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          I have an assortment of de burring tools, do You feel wheeler Rex is a better one? Does anyone make a battery one ?
                          Tool got a standard internal which looks a little like a pencil. Then someone here sent me to the "REX" and yes, I love it. Battery one, INTERESTING proposal. What I would like to see is a close quarter cutter for upto 100mm. Used the WheelerRex cutter today inside a riser shaft. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC..............!!!!!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                            Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                            I have both of these Ridgid ones and I really like them. A little pricey, but well worth it.: 223S/227S Inner-Outer Reamers - RIDGID Professional Tools
                            I picked up the 227s today it feels like a quality tool. I won't know For sure untill I go back to work next week

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Jet swet 6100 kit 1/2" - 2"

                              The inner works better than the outer. the outer needs to be dulled down before it works well
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X