Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback needed on Grundos Comfort System

Comfort SystemÂ*| Grundfos

The only threads I could find on this or similar products are a few years old. Wondering if anyone has any feedback that they would like to offer.

thanks,

chris

Re: Feedback needed on Grundos Comfort System

i've used them before and they work very good for a non return line circulating system.

watts makes a very similar unit for less money too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i've used them before and they work very good for a non return line circulating system.

watts makes a very similar unit for less money too.

rick.
      Any problems you've run into with the Grundfos, Watts, Taco or other brands?

Comment

since they are very low power, there is little to keep them from stalling on start with hard water deposits. the bypass tee is also prone to hard water deposits. when they are new they work like a charm. you can purchase another bypass tee and install it at another remote location.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I install them and have had one on our own home for around 8 years. Never a problem, I'll stick with Grundfos.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I just realized that I misspelled Grundfos in the thread title. I guess hat's what I get for posting at 1 AM

Comment

I've got an hermaphroditic hot water system with the heater in the middle and lines going two ways horizontally and one vertically (created by moi). These systems with multiple bypasses would be the most cost effective way for me to achieve somewhat instant hot water. However, being a cheapskate and extrapolating ROI, I'm not going to take the plunge until the next drought. When the surcharges for using more than 80% of historical use can double the water bill and water becomes a very precious commodity $$$ wise (as we all know it should normally be), I'll be getting a real bang for my buck and look green to boot.
              Last edited by Plumbus; 05-30-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X