X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rheem water heaters?

Does rheem pay anything for warranty work ?

Comment

I believe they do but will your customer wait until the safety valve is mailed to them?

Comment

I can't speak much to the gas heaters because I do mostly electrics. Rheem has been my choice for quite a few years. Once, I got swindled into using AO Smiths for a while and had nothing but trouble with them. The holes in the case didn't line up with the threads beneath, the insulation was missing sometimes from the top, and AO Smith is the only heater I've had to replace. I've seen 'em go out catastrophically at 5 years.

And I don't like BW's either. They've always seemed to me to be equivalent to hardware store heaters. We have a lot of lime in the water here and it doesn't take long to put one out of commission.

My own Rheem is over 12 years old had never been worked on. And so far as I know the only ones I've had to work on that I've installed have been over ten years. I usually consider the expected life to be around 12 years, and after that it's all good.

Comment

Rheem is ok, we don't see much gas here. It's typically electric or solar.

The one problem I have with Rheem is that they have incresed the diameter of the low boy electrics. I am assuming this is to bring down stand by loss.

But it is really frustrating when you get the old one out (which is a rheem) and the new one won't fit in the same space.

I typically use BW though. Rheem heaters are like 100.00 more.
          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

I see a lot of plumbers here that don't like Bradford White. Is Bradford White lying when they claim they are the most preferred water heater of plumbers?

Comment

We use Bradford on most jobs. We've had great luck with them
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
              X