X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a recommendation on hot mop pan installers

Anyone here in the LA area knowing anyone reliable, clean and with fair pricing? I'm sick of my usual guy not answering his phone or returning my messages.

Sooo, Rick? Adam? Mark? Anyone have any recommendation? The first project I'll need mopped is in my own home....shower is framed and prepped, just need it to be mopped now.
    Ideal Plumbing

Re: Need a recommendation on hot mop pan installers

call me tomorrow and i will refer you to a good tileman who should have the name and # of who he uses.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

How about Kerdi or a liquid membrane such as Redguard or Hydroban?

Comment

i'LL SELL You My 40 Gal Kettle. Unless You want the Big one! Hot Mop pans CRACK in time when homes settle!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We would love for you to give us a try for your hot mopped shower pans. You can read more about us at our Hot Mop website (WestCoastShowerPans.com). Hope to hear from you!

Comment

Rick...just sent you a text.

I don't trust membranes...my preference is hot mopping.

As far as settling....the house was built in the early 40s....so I don't think it's going to settle any more than it has. But I do agree....if it was a newer home, i would be concerned about that.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

just replied.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I've heard of hot mopping a roof, but never heard of hot mopping a shower floor before.

Comment

Apparently it's a California thing so I hear. I'm re-doing my shower too but I will be doing it with Kerdi - no hot mopping here.

Comment

Yes Kerdi is the way to go today. Lots of the old hot mopped pans cracked from setteling. Also, It's always a risk bringing 425 F. hot tar into someones nice home! Doesn't look good on the white carpeted hallway carpets!, Remember they're ROOFERS !! In Marin county, Hilly country We have a lot of raised auto parking decks. In the 60s n 70s they were all hot mopped over the Plywood decks, Then reinforced concrete was poured over them. All cracked, leaked and rotted timbers!
                    Last edited by toolaholic; 06-08-2012, 12:09 AM.
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yes I just installed hardwood upstairs, stairs and landing. The thought of hot tar spilling is quite scary to me. As it is I'm going to have to take lots of precautions like putting down some carpet as padding to protect against mud spills

Comment

Also the hot bucket can set off the smoke detectors and summon the fire Dept. if wired to!! Don't ask how I know this !

Comment

The risk of spillage is always there, but most of the time it's not an issue. Just had the pan done yesterday.....two buckets of hot from the front door to the bathroom on the other end of the house and not a single drop spilled.
                          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                          X