X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 66 seconds and catch a thread

You both sound like brothers from another time. Both sound exactly like my two kids. NHM, you look so much younger then I expected. I pictured you as a 60 year old guy wearing glasses, denim suspenders and bad posture.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thank you. I'm not quite 60 yet but getting there fast....
      sigpic

Comment

Took me 10min, & 45 seconds to catch a thread today. Oh, I forgot to mention, the job was t & M.

Comment

It took me 10 minutes to catch a thread with a helper. It was a two inch steam line and it was in a hand dug crawl and it was a 18' piece of pipe. We had to cut a hole in the floor to get access to one side. What a nightmare.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            it sort of was like that at the roundup. we brought a large contingency out.

guess what?

west coast has both champs literally 1 mile away. rookie and i have been good friends for 15+ years.

now all we need is another roundup date and location.

rick.

Maybe it's time for change, some midwestern blood could surly cure that

Comment

you guys are always invited. but the west and east seem to be well represented.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Does Ridgid have any plans to repeat the event? I imagine the cost of doing the first one was pretty high and when you consider the cost v payback I would be pretty surprised if they did it again. You would need a whole lot more plumbers to attend to make the event profitable. Then there's the fact that most plumbers are using Ridgid plumbing tools pretty exclusively anyway and that Ridgid shows up to all the major trade shows.

I want to take a minute to give kudo's to Rick for posting the results of the repair. In the end, Pro-Press was not used and Rick could have just said nothing and let the whole thing slide but he didn't and that shows integrity on his part. Point being that there are usually a few different ways to skin the cat in this business and only a fool would leave the house with one tool in the tool box. Thanks again Rick.
                sigpic

Comment

the roundup is much more than a competition, although i think it's a highlight of the event as everyone gets into their competition mode. even the ridgid employees share in the games and bbq.

the real focus is that all the ridgid executives, engineers, developers, etc, are all in attendance in their big conference auditorium. there is a ton of q and a going on. we share what we want ito see in the future and they share what they've been tinkering with.

very similar to how they monitor the forum to see what we are talking about. but much more on a 1 on 1 personal level with the people who can make it happen.

i know for a fact, there are products that are born and products that have died as a result of the direct input from the roundup. the rick-60 is still in the womb

then there is the factory tour. sort of like being charlie at the wili wonka factory and the golden ticket.

did i mention the lunches and dinners. not to mention all the fun at the hotel with the other members.

that's the reason why more than half who attended were repeats. and i'm sure there will be plenty of three-peats.

so you see it's a win win for ridgid and those who attended, with a trickle down to all ridgid tool users.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X