Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoker

Smoke Testing

Has anyone built this and did it work out for you?

Re: Smoker

Reverse the hose on a shop vac and you got the same thing. Best to use a small weak shop vac. Too much air and the smoke get too diluted to be visible.

Comment

An electric leaf blower on low speed with a fernco coupling at the end and hold the smoke bomb with a made to fit coat hanger. Call the fire departments first.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I've done asimilar thing with a tee and dryer duct and leafblower. It is too strong and will blow toilets. It has to be held back from the tee a few inches to not be too strong. I think the fart fan is a better concept. The smokies work well and don't stink too much.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          I've done asimilar thing with a tee and dryer duct and leafblower. It is too strong and will blow toilets. It has to be held back from the tee a few inches to not be too strong. I think the fart fan is a better concept. The smokies work well and don't stink too much.
          Yes, a few inches away and you are ok. I also put the bomb in between the vent and the blower.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
          X