X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rinnai code 12

So, I get a call from the Rinnai factory rep. They've seen some of the installs we've done and wanted me to go check out one that was done my another shop.

I know the shop owner and his foreman. So I called told him, that Rinnai called me and such. He was all fine with me going out there and checking it out so I did.

What I saw was two 9.4lsi models. They had vented one with a horizontal vent term kit and one they stuck up into the old 8" b vent. Which is a big no no no with concentric venting.

So I figure oh well, that's why they are pulling code 12 (flame failure) the unit is not breathing.

I called the original shop's owner and told him what I found and he explained to me that they were both originally vented with horizontal term kits.

But every once in a while in the middle of the night one heater would pull a code 12 randomly.

These heaters serve about 12(?) 1 bed, 1 bath condos.

He said they tried venting them every which way but it still does it.

They even took the vents completely off and it still does it.

It's completely random and only happens in the middle of the night.

Now I've verified gas pressure and volume which is more than sufficient.

I would say its a bad heater but they both do it. And only one does it and it alternates which I am assuming is because they heaters do alternate which one is primary.

So I am completely stumped...

The only thing I could think of is that maybe they shut off the gas in the middle of the night, and when someone gets up and turns on a faucet it pulls a flame failure code because its got no gas?

But the condo manager said no.

Any insight would be of great help. Thanks!
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: Rinnai code 12

I will be happy to help if you pm me.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Re: Rinnai code 12

So, how did it go.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
      X