X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

Why is the drip leg not tightening? Not sure what this dude is doing.
    Last edited by wrongler; 06-15-2012, 11:50 PM.

Re: Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

I think he is trying to break the control valve.

Comment

why is the Learn More button pointed to his crotch?

Comment

You guys are suppose to be professionals, & you can't figure out what he's doing? C'mon I thought you all were smarter than me. Isn't it obvious?

It's a Home Cheapo water heater. The 1st one he put in leaked. So now he is taking it back out & getting ready to go spend 2 more hrs back at the Depot, returning this heater, & getting another.

Not that it matters, we aint allowed to use flex connectors on water heaters here. Don't know why, other than it looking hackey.

Comment

I didn't think white teflon tape was allowed on gas lines? Never seen the braided flexible gas line, does that exist, or did they use a supply line for the photo op? The flexible gas line here always is yellow.

Comment

Here in Ca. our wonderful legislators make it mandatory for every Buss. to have this sign, If they Paint thinner ,goof off or You name it! "This Buss. May contain chemicals that May cause cancer" I think they should Mandate this sinage at every H.D.
            Our friendly folks will answer all Your Elec., Plumbing questions, But be aware,
            this information May kill You and Your loved ones, flood, or burn down Your home!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              I didn't think white teflon tape was allowed on gas lines? Never seen the braided flexible gas line, does that exist, or did they use a supply line for the photo op? The flexible gas line here always is yellow.
              Not that I use the white tape but tell me what the difference is besides density and color.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                Not that I use the white tape but tell me what the difference is besides density and color.
                No idea, I just know they have special "gas rated" tape and/or dope. I'm a tile guy, gas lines are definitely not my cup of tea.

Comment

[QUOTE=Don the plumber;378353]You guys are suppose to be professionals, & you can't figure out what he's doing? C'mon I thought you all were smarter than me. Isn't it obvious?

Don, that big hole in the deck of our bay Bridge, in 89 was EARTHQUAKE DAMAGE!
                  We strap with, 2 heavy straps,and use 3/8" bolts . Code calls for this and flex connectors. We had homes blow up from
                  un secured W.h.s in the past. NO HARD SUPPLYS FOR W.H. IN SEISMIC ZONES
                  Last edited by toolaholic; 06-16-2012, 01:11 PM.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Maybe his tool is loosing thread.
                    How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

Ha ! Yeah, learn more how to use your tool.

Comment

Working...
                      X