Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disturbing News

Originally posted by stolen View Post
    The difference being they are doing it the correct way. What they do with the info is beyond his control. But they went through the proper channels to get it.

And not only is he more experienced, has more credentials, but is also recognized by the state, and the plumbing board to teach.

Difference being is you are not really as qualified to teach as he is. You are licensed to TRAIN. Not teach people how to do stuff online.
    I was going to teach in the evenings here. One class for green thumbs and a codes/business class for people going out for their license....I needed a high school diploma. My license helped. I didn't do it due to work overload and they were not advertising the classes.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
      Welcome to my world, anyone can go buy a welding machine and go in to business with no training, or certifications.
      Yes How Many 15 Amp mig Toasters, are welding tow hitches. Driven over the bourne bridge this summer ,with boats in tow ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        Some here will agree, I am one. You will get little support here though. Home depot doesn't carry black iron due to some law suit. Lowe's will have their time. Hopefully before something bad happens. But, to be fair that "license" was a sales pitch and a waste of my life. Nobody ever asked to see the card you received from the class. Hell, they were giving the answers away for the test anyhow.
        Were you might be right, but it was still a test for professionals in the the trade who should have general knowledge who gas pipe is installed. I totally agree, because I had the same test and all the answers were given to us as well. But believe I still would feel alot safer if a professional installed it then Harry Homeowner.
        Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
        crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          all the Lowes and the Home depots around here sell both black iron and CSST. I find it amusing that some are appalled at that notion. Why draw the line at gas piping? Is gas piping really any worse than water piping or DWV piping? They all have the potential to do harm to a whole lot of folks if not properly installed by knowledgeable and skilled plumbers. You can't be on the DIY help forum(s) dishing out advice and then turn around and condemn those same diy'ers that want to gas pipe.
          I totally understand what your saying but I disagree. Gas pipe is by far more worst than water pipe or dwv. The most that could damage is there own home. Gas we all know can explode and do some serious damage to that house and neighboring. So NO Im not condeming ppl for giving out advice, I just think the consequences for gas pipe far exceed those of just some water pipe or waste. Dont you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i wrote a whole thread about it over 2 years ago and even contacted the person who distributes it to lowes. unfortunatly the search feature on the forum is not what it use to be and after a couple hours looking for that thread, i give up.

not sure where that thread eneded up, but maybe someone might have better luck finding it. sometime around 5/10 + or -

rick.
            Thanks Rick, I cant believe they have been selling that pipe in your area stores for that long. I only posted about it because It just popped up in the stores around my area. It just blew me away that its actually come to this. I cant believe that they would put that type of danger in the common novices hands just to make some money for their store. No to mention the handy "illegal immigrants" that try to be the jack of all trades, Not knowing any codes or proper installation methods that will be installing this. Cmon Plumber Rick, you gotta agree that this is gone way to far. I think I will do the same and contact the Rep that is selling this as well. Did you have any luck with that?

Comment

Apparently my sarcastic wit went right over a few heads....

Rick; according to the figures 87% of the kids that graduate from my class go into the trade, either plumbing or HVAC and usually a combination of both. All those that complete the two year program are then 1st year apprentices in the state of NH.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
                Welcome to my world, anyone can go buy a welding machine and go in to business with no training, or certifications.
                Mig welding ruined the trade
                sigpic

Comment

Apparently my sarcastic wit went right over a few heads....

Rick; according to the figures 87% of the kids that graduate from my class go into the trade, either plumbing or HVAC and usually a combination of both. All those that complete the two year program are then 1st year apprentices in the state of NH.
                  You may have been sarcastic but I will sign up with it if it were not as strict.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

Really? we can't discuss this subject on the Pro's Only forum? Really? Trying to protect our trade which BTW is responsible for purchasing probably 99% Of Ridgid's plumbing tools is not a viable topic of discussion? Think twice gentlemen, the deletion of all those posts was uncalled for or are we really all that concerned with not hurting the general public's feelings?
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't get me started, I was working for a big piping outfit and we hired a "welder" kid couldn't weld pipe to save his life. What I do should require a license, I repair equipment that lifts terns of thousands of pounds, I get called by LICENSED plumbers to do gas piping, stream lines, chiller piping, sanitary piping, etc..... yet anyone can be a welder with no certs or training.
                      Last edited by TozziWelding; 06-22-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

License= A permit from an authority to own or use something, do a particular thing, or carry on a trade (esp. in alcoholic beverages).

Certification= The act of certifying or bestowing a franchise on.

License does not equal certification

Comment

Really? we can't discuss this subject on the Pro's Only forum? Really? Trying to protect our trade which BTW is responsible for purchasing probably 99% Of Ridgid's plumbing tools is not a viable topic of discussion? Think twice gentlemen, the deletion of all those posts was uncalled for or are we really all that concerned with not hurting the general public's feelings?
                          I have been using my phone, did I misspeak or miss something?
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            i wrote a whole thread about it over 2 years ago and even contacted the person who distributes it to lowes. unfortunatly the search feature on the forum is not what it use to be and after a couple hours looking for that thread, i give up.

not sure where that thread eneded up, but maybe someone might have better luck finding it. sometime around 5/10 + or -

rick.
                            Found it going through Google with a few key words.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t32547-2/

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                              I have been using my phone, did I misspeak or miss something?
                              About a page and a half is missing. Apparently the truth or your opinions are not valued.
                              sigpic

Comment

About a page and a half is missing. Apparently the truth or your opinions are not valued.
                                I suspect you have your threads confused. There has not been a single post moderated in this thread.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X