X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing News

I took a trip to the nearest "LOWES" last week, based on some info that I had got from my electrician brother. He told me he was on a job and some plumbing "hacks" were on the job running some new csst gas pipe. He had asked were they got it from and he said they told him "LOWES". I said no that cant be, Only plumbing supply shops sale it and you have to have a certified license to purchase it. He was real sure about this and suggested I take a trip to "LOWES" to make sure. Well Sure enough while In "LOWES" plumbing aisle there it was "PROFLEX" CSST gas pipe. They even have there own fittings to go along with it. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT, gas pipe for the common homeowner,hack, or DIY to purchase with no training or certification.And of course its cheaper than WARDFLEX or TRACPIPE. What is going on. There are even more components to install when attaching fittings, then WARDFLEX OR TRACPIPE. This DIY is going way to far, theres is no way I want my next door neighbor installaing any type of gas pipe without any Licenses or training. I mean come on this a disaster waiting to happen. One wrong turn or missed step in the installation and boom, theres the house, or wors someones Life. this should not just be any "novice" or so called "engineers" hands. Im sorry way to dangerous.I cant be the only one on this?Attachment
    Attached Files
    Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
    crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Re: Disturbing News

Some here will agree, I am one. You will get little support here though. Home depot doesn't carry black iron due to some law suit. Lowe's will have their time. Hopefully before something bad happens. But, to be fair that "license" was a sales pitch and a waste of my life. Nobody ever asked to see the card you received from the class. Hell, they were giving the answers away for the test anyhow.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
      I took a trip to the nearest "LOWES" last week, based on some info that I had got from my electrician brother. He told me he was on a job and some plumbing "hacks" were on the job running some new csst gas pipe. He had asked were they got it from and he said they told him "LOWES". I said no that cant be, Only plumbing supply shops sale it and you have to have a certified license to purchase it. He was real sure about this and suggested I take a trip to "LOWES" to make sure. Well Sure enough while In "LOWES" plumbing aisle there it was "PROFLEX" CSST gas pipe. They even have there own fittings to go along with it. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT, gas pipe for the common homeowner,hack, or DIY to purchase with no training or certification.And of course its cheaper than WARDFLEX or TRACPIPE. What is going on. There are even more components to install when attaching fittings, then WARDFLEX OR TRACPIPE. This DIY is going way to far, theres is no way I want my next door neighbor installaing any type of gas pipe without any Licenses or training. I mean come on this a disaster waiting to happen. One wrong turn or missed step in the installation and boom, theres the house, or wors someones Life. this should not just be any "novice" or so called "engineers" hands. Im sorry way to dangerous.I cant be the only one on this?Attachment

wow this really infuriates me....... like no other and i dont get frustrated or upset easily..... but WTF

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Matt T Service and Repair View Post
        wow this really infuriates me....... like no other and i dont get frustrated or upset easily..... but WTF

Meow
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

Last time I looked, HD here still sells black pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
            Last time I looked, HD here still sells black pipe.
            Not around me then.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

there is a lot more uses for black pipe than just gas line,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I agree with all the ablve comments..on selling to the average homeowner/handyman/diy(er), but as a full-time state licensed contractor..who lately has to work 7 days a week to keep up with his steady customers and their referrals..I sort of appreciate the fact that the local building supply conglomerates are there with parts required when my suppliers are not open..I realize that my layman not very smart cheap neighbor using this material is scary..and because it does affect my community..I am neighborly and make sure I advise him..THE BOTTOM LINE IS WHAT IS RUINING THIS COUNTRY11

Comment

do i look like a cat boy?????????? drinking milk out of a saucer??????

Comment

Originally posted by ericvzz View Post
                    I agree with all the ablve comments..on selling to the average homeowner/handyman/diy(er), but as a full-time state licensed contractor..who lately has to work 7 days a week to keep up with his steady customers and their referrals..I sort of appreciate the fact that the local building supply conglomerates are there with parts required when my suppliers are not open..I realize that my layman not very smart cheap neighbor using this material is scary..and because it does affect my community..I am neighborly and make sure I advise him..THE BOTTOM LINE IS WHAT IS RUINING THIS COUNTRY11
                    an old school plumber knows 'hots on left, colds on rite, crap don't run up hill and paydays on Friday + most importantly..Never bite your fingernails"

Comment

Must ve worked for mike diamond plumbing...

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                        there is a lot more uses for black pipe than just gas line,
                        I agree but I was told they didn't carry it because of a gas related issue...
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

do i look like a cat boy?????????? drinking milk out of a saucer??????

Have you not seen Super Troopers?
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                            Have you not seen Super Troopers?

come on......really??? ................ thats from super trooopers DUH lol

Comment

come on......really??? ................ thats from super trooopers DUH lol
                              When it came out I could almost quote the movie.
                              AllurePlumbing.com
                              • leak detection
                              • drain cleaning
                              • utility locating
                              • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                              X