X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Green
    started a topic Disturbing News

Disturbing News

I took a trip to the nearest "LOWES" last week, based on some info that I had got from my electrician brother. He told me he was on a job and some plumbing "hacks" were on the job running some new csst gas pipe. He had asked were they got it from and he said they told him "LOWES". I said no that cant be, Only plumbing supply shops sale it and you have to have a certified license to purchase it. He was real sure about this and suggested I take a trip to "LOWES" to make sure. Well Sure enough while In "LOWES" plumbing aisle there it was "PROFLEX" CSST gas pipe. They even have there own fittings to go along with it. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT, gas pipe for the common homeowner,hack, or DIY to purchase with no training or certification.And of course its cheaper than WARDFLEX or TRACPIPE. What is going on. There are even more components to install when attaching fittings, then WARDFLEX OR TRACPIPE. This DIY is going way to far, theres is no way I want my next door neighbor installaing any type of gas pipe without any Licenses or training. I mean come on this a disaster waiting to happen. One wrong turn or missed step in the installation and boom, theres the house, or wors someones Life. this should not just be any "novice" or so called "engineers" hands. Im sorry way to dangerous.I cant be the only one on this?Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-11_08-57-16_508.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	350.0 KB
ID:	635392

• Gettinit
    replied
    Re: Disturbing News

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
    Lowes around here doesn't thread pipe and anyway High School was a LONG time ago! Things change! I don't even remember a Lowes back in High School. Well for that matter I don't remember much from those days.
    Now that is disturbing news....hs part that is. I think it is hilarious to hear your lowes doesn't thread pipe.

Leave a comment:

• ironranger
    replied

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
    I know lowes hardware will because I use to work for them in high school. Anyways, it was just a convenience factor for me that 1 particular time. I have the equipment to thread up to 4 inch so...
    Lowes around here doesn't thread pipe and anyway High School was a LONG time ago! Things change! I don't even remember a Lowes back in High School. Well for that matter I don't remember much from those days.

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, bro..... I even think they'll thread it for you... I may be thinking of Lowes but on of them for sure does...
    I know lowes hardware will because I use to work for them in high school. Anyways, it was just a convenience factor for me that 1 particular time. I have the equipment to thread up to 4 inch so...
    Last edited by Gettinit; 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NHMaster3015
    replied

It's the Alzheimers again LOL, Yep, wrong yet similar thread dooooooohhhh. Anyhoo, off the Kansas city this morning for the Skills.

Leave a comment:

• Plumber26
    replied

Not around me then.
    I'm not so sure about that, bro..... I even think they'll thread it for you... I may be thinking of Lowes but on of them for sure does...

Leave a comment:

• ToUtahNow
    replied

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    About a page and a half is missing. Apparently the truth or your opinions are not valued.
    I suspect you have your threads confused. There has not been a single post moderated in this thread.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• NHMaster3015
    replied

I have been using my phone, did I misspeak or miss something?
    About a page and a half is missing. Apparently the truth or your opinions are not valued.

Leave a comment:

• mbhydro
    replied

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i wrote a whole thread about it over 2 years ago and even contacted the person who distributes it to lowes. unfortunatly the search feature on the forum is not what it use to be and after a couple hours looking for that thread, i give up.

not sure where that thread eneded up, but maybe someone might have better luck finding it. sometime around 5/10 + or -

rick.
    Found it going through Google with a few key words.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t32547-2/

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

Really? we can't discuss this subject on the Pro's Only forum? Really? Trying to protect our trade which BTW is responsible for purchasing probably 99% Of Ridgid's plumbing tools is not a viable topic of discussion? Think twice gentlemen, the deletion of all those posts was uncalled for or are we really all that concerned with not hurting the general public's feelings?
    I have been using my phone, did I misspeak or miss something?

Leave a comment:

• OkieBill
    replied

License= A permit from an authority to own or use something, do a particular thing, or carry on a trade (esp. in alcoholic beverages).

Certification= The act of certifying or bestowing a franchise on.

License does not equal certification

Leave a comment:

• TozziWelding
    replied

Don't get me started, I was working for a big piping outfit and we hired a "welder" kid couldn't weld pipe to save his life. What I do should require a license, I repair equipment that lifts terns of thousands of pounds, I get called by LICENSED plumbers to do gas piping, stream lines, chiller piping, sanitary piping, etc..... yet anyone can be a welder with no certs or training.
    Last edited by TozziWelding; 06-22-2012, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NHMaster3015
    replied

Really? we can't discuss this subject on the Pro's Only forum? Really? Trying to protect our trade which BTW is responsible for purchasing probably 99% Of Ridgid's plumbing tools is not a viable topic of discussion? Think twice gentlemen, the deletion of all those posts was uncalled for or are we really all that concerned with not hurting the general public's feelings?

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

Apparently my sarcastic wit went right over a few heads....

Rick; according to the figures 87% of the kids that graduate from my class go into the trade, either plumbing or HVAC and usually a combination of both. All those that complete the two year program are then 1st year apprentices in the state of NH.
    You may have been sarcastic but I will sign up with it if it were not as strict.

Leave a comment:

• NHMaster3015
    replied

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
    Welcome to my world, anyone can go buy a welding machine and go in to business with no training, or certifications.
    Mig welding ruined the trade

Leave a comment:

Working...
X