Pictures of your van/truck interior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures of your van/truck interior

Crimped the end of the pipe and placed it in the fitting. Crimpers are what you need but for 3" you can just use needlenose pliers.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      the non crimp smooth end starts on the heater draft diverter. the crimp is up. every piece then goes in like that. the 3x4 bti goes 4'' crimp into the asbestos cement flue. and 3'' smooth is on the bottom.

rick.
      a HA so i pretty much just grabbed the wrong fitting and went with it... weird how the inspector didnt notice or say anything... he probally doesnt even know that lol.... live and learn right? thanks dude!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Crimped the end of the pipe and placed it in the fitting. Crimpers are what you need but for 3" you can just use needlenose pliers.
        yeah that would have helped i coulda just did what you said crimp the pipe and boom done dada

Comment

Originally posted by Matt T Service and Repair View Post
          a HA so i pretty much just grabbed the wrong fitting and went with it... weird how the inspector didnt notice or say anything... he probally doesnt even know that lol.... live and learn right? thanks dude!
          Hardly even worth talking about. You will lose more gas from around the collar every time the wind blows than you EVER will from having the flu fittings turned. And it's in a garage, in California? Sheesh, don't worry about it. Tape it up with metal tape and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
            Hardly even worth talking about. You will lose more gas from around the collar every time the wind blows than you EVER will from having the flu fittings turned. And it's in a garage, in California? Sheesh, don't worry about it. Tape it up with metal tape and be done with it.
            For some reason the pics of the repair aren't coming up on my screen. Ironranger is right I don't think there's really a health risk involved from the description. However, personally I would go redo it so it's correct. It should cost you little time and materials, but your customer will respect you more and you may get more recommendations as a result. Most importantly your own self respect will improve. (Not that you're necessarily lacking or need any.)

Lastly I like the room you have in your van. Aluminum shelving. Nice! What kind of mpg do you get with an 06 Sprinter with a box on the back?
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              For some reason the pics of the repair aren't coming up on my screen. Ironranger is right I don't think there's really a health risk involved from the description. However, personally I would go redo it so it's correct. It should cost you little time and materials, but your customer will respect you more and you may get more recommendations as a result. Most importantly your own self respect will improve. (Not that you're necessarily lacking or need any.)

Lastly I like the room you have in your van. Aluminum shelving. Nice! What kind of mpg do you get with an 06 Sprinter with a box on the back?
              haha im not going to redo it... its one fitting and it passed the inspection like a month ago.... and it gets great mpg couldnt really tell ya exact as i dont really keep track i just know that i dont go to the pump nearly as much as i used to with my chevy KUV

Comment

I need something on my back door to hang tools.

Nice set up Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt T Service and Repair View Post
                  i do LOTS of WH around here kinda one of my favorite calls i take my time and make them look all clean and what not and oddly enough around here on the older homes they used to use gal nipples for the penetration into home right off the service riser coming into home.. and ive had to replace like 1235345345 of those nipples over time those sometimes are suck PITA jobs tying back into 50-70yr old galvy...

here is one WH time bomb I came across... apparently the HO had a local contracto take a look at it and said it was fine[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
                  Bugs bunny could have done a better job. WTH??? How can you do installs like that and actually sleep at night?

EDIT: I didn't mean what I said towards Matt....I reread my post and it seemed like I did, so i just wanted to clarify.
                  Last edited by idlplumb; 06-24-2012, 02:36 AM.
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

sh1ts crazy dude..... thats like one of MANY heaters i have came across like that INSANE

Comment

Looks like Hacktown to me, Most of mine look like this ( Crazy *** farmers!)

Comment

Looks like some Quest pipe and valves mixed in. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! I just won't touch that stuff anymore unless I do a complete whole house re-pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                          Looks like some Quest pipe and valves mixed in. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! I just won't touch that stuff anymore unless I do a complete whole house re-pipe.

LOL, I did the inspection for the buyer on this house a few years ago, It had recently flooded out due to the plumbing in the bathroom looking just like this. I did not get the repair after I estimated the repair at a full tear out inspection and re-pipe... Come to think of it I think that is when all real estate agents stopped calling me, they are the devil anyway good riddance...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                            That's one that you'd have to look at for a while to figure out how to clean it up!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                              Nice! Thanks for the laugh. I once saw a cast iron main vent stack that must have failed at one point because there was a six foot section that was patched together with old rain gutter downspout and black roofing cement in the attic. The homeowner was not happy when I asked if I could take a pic of it. (We were replacing a boiler and installing a chimney liner not working on the plumbing).
                              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

WTF is up with some people that actually think that, thats a acceptable form of plumbing ??? on a side note i got me my spartan 300 machine already did two mainline jobs(no helper) and no hurt back from hauling a heavyazz machine.... plus one of those jobs im gonna do a liner tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X