Some people..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people..........

Went out on a clogged sewer call @ 11pm the other night..... Ran my machine down the line and pulled back roots of coarse! Wait, this house is only 12 years old with PVC drains. Why am I seeing roots in the line?
    I'll tell you why..... I butchered this man's bushes with my sawzall at 1 o'clock in the morning after I narrowed down where the problem area was and dug through rocks and roots to find that some moronasaurus-rex had damaged this PVC sewer while installing an irrigation system. Instead of having a plumber repair this or repairing it properly himself, he cuts out 5' of 4'' PVC, takes a 5' peice of 4'' corrugated pipe and slides it on either end and wraps it with duct tape. ''Oh, yeah! After I fix this drain I want to plant three bushes on top of it so the roots will suck up all the water leaking from my professional 'duct-tape joint'!", the moronasaurus says. GO FIGURE!

Re: Some people..........

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
    Went out on a clogged sewer call @ 11pm the other night..... Ran my machine down the line and pulled back roots of coarse! Wait, this house is only 12 years old with PVC drains. Why am I seeing roots in the line?
    I'll tell you why..... I butchered this man's bushes with my sawzall at 1 o'clock in the morning after I narrowed down where the problem area was and dug through rocks and roots to find that some moronasaurus-rex had damaged this PVC sewer while installing an irrigation system. Instead of having a plumber repair this or repairing it properly himself, he cuts out 5' of 4'' PVC, takes a 5' peice of 4'' corrugated pipe and slides it on either end and wraps it with duct tape. ''Oh, yeah! After I fix this drain I want to plant three bushes on top of it so the roots will suck up all the water leaking from my professional 'duct-tape joint'!", the moronasaurus says. GO FIGURE!
    The digging couldn't wait till morning? Wait... later in the morning?
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Oh, it wasn't but 1' in the ground....... just wanted to know why roots were there. Ended up replacing entire sewer Friday (it was only 30' so I figured why not)

Comment

Did you send him a thank you card?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Did you send him a thank you card?
          I really should, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
            Oh, it wasn't but 1' in the ground....... just wanted to know why roots were there. Ended up replacing entire sewer Friday (it was only 30' so I figured why not)

You must really enjoy digging. LOL. Replacing 30' of 12 year old PVC sewer pipe on a "why not" tells me you're one energetic fellow.

Of course up here in the cities the sewers tend to be 8' - 9' deep.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Yeah just enjoy working and dig it till in the morning. lol.
              How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

If he had just come here first someone here could have told him the correct tape to use. Lol
                sigpic

Comment

Well, when we dug this line up, we found some dry fitted joints and/or they weren't primed. Probably a good thing we replaced it..... most of it was 12''-18'' and then dropped to 6' @ the street.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    If he had just come here first someone here could have told him the correct tape to use. Lol
                    Or which model sharkbite to get at Lowes or HD.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                    X