• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluidmaster DuoFlush

Anyone using this? Any thoughts?

Duo Flush
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Fluidmaster DuoFlush

have a whole case of them. haven't installed them yet, but i like the design.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Isn't the bowl of a toilet the part that's designed to flush with a specific amount of water? Therefore, if you change that, wouldn't you have the risk of not clearing the bowl. Hasn't anyone made the mistake of putting a 1.6 flapper in a 3.5 tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Theron View Post
        Isn't the bowl of a toilet the part that's designed to flush with a specific amount of water? Therefore, if you change that, wouldn't you have the risk of not clearing the bowl. Hasn't anyone made the mistake of putting a 1.6 flapper in a 3.5 tank?
        EXACTLY! I always tell folks that if they want a dual flush toilet, buy a dual flush toilet. I had a customer call me out to install one she purchased at 'big box'. I told the lady right up front that I was skeptical b/c of what Theron just mentioned. I was curious so I put dye in the bowl (not the tank) and flushed with the "1/2 flush". Did not clear the bowl no matter how it was adjusted. On the ''full flush'' it was ok except the valve would not seat. Actually had to take lid off and make it seat. Called Fluidmaster and they told me to look at the bottom of the box to see if there was a ''green dot''. There was no green dot. The guy says that this is the old version and they will send her an ''updated version'' that will work better.
        My opinion, if you come out with something new and it already needs and ''updated version'', you should've tested it more. I'll stick w/ the Fluidmaster Pro45B!

Comment

They should call it multiple instead. Cuz all I see, if having to go back to job, multiple times. That has call back, written all over it.

Comment

Here's one that's designed to be efficient (1.28 and .8). These are spec'd on one of our cell phone store clients prints. They're in the white box build before we do the finish. I have yet to see them clear the bowl while we're in there building the store. There's always a present left in there by the previous tradesman no matter which button you press. Sydney Smart™ 270 Elongated

I've not put one of these in yet, but they look interesting: (I know it has nothing to do with the flush) Hydroclean Toilet Fill Valve HC660 | Toilet Fill Valve saw them at Grainger.

If the client wants an HET, I usually put in a Champion 4 - they seem reasonably priced, and aside from the early recall on the flush valve, seem to hold up well in light duty commercial. We've actually used the Cadet for a high volume commercial client that had conventional 1/2" supply and they've held up very well - not one call back after 6 months for 50 toilets - well over 1000 employees at this location.
            Last edited by Theron; 06-30-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

This type of device must not be completely useless - http://www.amazon.com/BlueSource-HYR...rds=hydroright These people rate the product above average. But with so many moving parts on a retrofit - it looks like a callback and something that's best left to homeowners who love to tweak things. Y'all know the type - they swap all their aerators and showerheads for .1 gpm and drive an all electric prius converted to run on methane that they harvest from their septic tank.

Comment

Hey There. I found your forum using msn. This is a very well written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of Welcome to the Official Blog of FLAA . Thanks for the forum . I will definitely comeback.
                plumber brea

Comment

I just tell customers they need to hold the handle to get the best flush .
                  I installed a box store toilet for someone the other day that had the duo flush valve in it
                  Way To many things to go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                    I just tell customers they need to hold the handle to get the best flush .
                    I installed a box store toilet for someone the other day that had the duo flush valve in it
                    Way To many things to go wrong
                    I totally agree, anytime you start adding things with more moving parts, its just more things that can go wrong. Not that I mind on my part, because thats more work for us when somthing goes wrong, but the time and headache you would have to deal with going back and forth arguing with a customer explaining to a customer that its not us who makes the product we just install it. I say just stick with the standard type and leave it be.
                    Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
                    crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

hey, dont talk about matt p. from thompson like that thorton.

Comment

Working...
                      X