X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying new jetter

Hello... I would appreciate an opinion for my new business...about the " KARCHER-11.7 HP -3.5 GL/MIN- 4000 PSI" what length and diameter hose would be apropiate...or a good pick for a better
    Thank,s a lot
    Luis jota (Colombia)

Re: Buying new jetter

the inside diameter would be 1/4'' and the length would be determined by you. i would keep it under 150' to keep the pressure drop down. any way to up the gpm to at least 4 gpm. you'll have better luck with a little more gpm and a little more horsepower. even if you dop the psi to 3500, i would go for more gpm.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank`s Rick....can you advice me a good jetter in your opinion (13 hp + - 5.5 to 6 gpm 3.500-4.000 psi ) so I can cut roots also and work on 3-10" pipes

Comment

luis, it sounds like the same problem that a memebr from spain was having. i guess you're limited in the machines you have access to in columbia. 3-10'' pipe is a very broad range of sizes.

13hp. is not going to produce anyting more than 4gpm at 3500 max. you really need to look for a larger engine and pump to produce the gpm and psi you're looking for.

go read some of the jetting threads that are recent conversations with our friend from spain. this will also help you pick and chose a better size jetter.

here is the link to that thread. https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t40246/

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Loooong thread Rick......but very use full.....we have ridgid here and they sell the KJ-3100 it`s like the best choice after reading the thread !
          I`m very happy having you at this thread , as you know I am in the begging of something. right know i work with 26 restaurants , doing maintenance to their interceptors and grease traps.....
          Do you know where can i have info about vacuum pumps similar to "CONDE" PROVAC industrial pump out station ?

Comment

go online to www.cleaner.com it's a magazine dedicated to drain cleaning or their sister magazine www.pumper.com for septic pumping.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I`m focus in the food industry , food plants,Hotels , restaurants,universities ,clubs etc...not municipal, do you think 13.6 Lt. flow won't make the work in 6" pipes ? maybe using certain nozzle ?

Comment

Originally posted by Luis Jota View Post
                I`m focus in the food industry , food plants,Hotels , restaurants,universities ,clubs etc...not municipal, do you think 13.6 Lt. flow won't make the work in 6" pipes ? maybe using certain nozzle ?
                13.6 liters = 3.59 gallons per minute. at 4000 psi you'll have good cutting, but very slow progress on 4-6'' pipe. sounds like most of your work is focused on grease. grease requires both pressure and flow to help emulsify the grease into a liquid and wash it down. if you go at it with just pressure, you'll knock off chunks and plug the line with large pieces of hardened grease.

you really need a higher flow gpm/ lpm machine to tackle bigger than 3'' pipe.

the standard 1/4'' root ranger with that flow will cut good, but it won't have much flushing action.

look at the ridgid kj-3100. the 5.5 gallon per minute machine will work much better, even at 3000 psi.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

You should pick diameter of at least 1/3" and length up to 125' for your KARCHER to have proper efficiency.
                  Heating And Plumbing Supplies

Comment

Working...
                  X