Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: multiple shower bodysprays

Originally posted by mpm View Post
    "Should they be legal?"
    I posed a question. That is all. As a licensed plumber, I feel obligated as part of my job to conserve water. I wanted to see what smarter people than me think. I did not state I had the solution. Just a question.
    Are you freaking kidding me with that. Look, if people what to use a ton of water they should need to pay for it. Our water dept does as such, once you use over a certain amount your rates about quadruple per gallon. This discourages over usage.
    I agree with you. We do not have droughts here yet. My heart breaks for those whose living gets turned upside down from droughts which are worse than ever in this country. That is why I stopped using my stupid shower setup.
    Your suggesting the government dictates what I can put in my own home?
    No, it was just a question to see what others think. I am as conservative as you can get. However, on a municipal system, the effects of the use/abuse can be felt by all.

Well why not they already dictate what I can legally put in my own body.
    I deal with this crap every day with Mayor Bloombito. Again, I agree with you.
    What is with this mentality that the government must regulate every aspect of our lives? WTF happened to freedom?
    It was just a question based on what I feel was my own faulty thinking at the time installing this. Who is being the fascist?

"The kind of man who wants the government to enforce and adopt his ideas is always the kind of man who's ideas are idiotic" -H.L. Mencken
    ooohhhkaaaayy.....

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
      Is the nickname "Mayhem"?
      The inspector I know is in WS but I have heard about the one in GSO.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally Posted by mpm
        "Should they be legal?"
        I posed a question. That is all. As a licensed plumber, I feel obligated as part of my job to conserve water. I wanted to see what smarter people than me think. I did not state I had the solution. Just a question.
        Are you freaking kidding me with that. Look, if people what to use a ton of water they should need to pay for it. Our water dept does as such, once you use over a certain amount your rates about quadruple per gallon. This discourages over usage.
        I agree with you. We do not have droughts here yet. My heart breaks for those whose living gets turned upside down from droughts which are worse than ever in this country. That is why I stopped using my stupid shower setup.
        Your suggesting the government dictates what I can put in my own home?
        No, it was just a question to see what others think. I am as conservative as you can get. However, on a municipal system, the effects of the use/abuse can be felt by all.

Well why not they already dictate what I can legally put in my own body.
        I deal with this crap every day with Mayor Bloombito. Again, I agree with you.
        What is with this mentality that the government must regulate every aspect of our lives? WTF happened to freedom?
        It was just a question based on what I feel was my own faulty thinking at the time installing this. Who is being the fascist?

"The kind of man who wants the government to enforce and adopt his ideas is always the kind of man who's ideas are idiotic" -H.L. Mencken

Originally posted by NYC LMP View Post
        ooohhhkaaaayy.....
        Ease up, NYC. I don't think mpm's rant was directed at you. By eliciting such a response, your question obviously brought on an attack of toomuchgovernmentitis. Hawaii, like a good portion of the West, is one of those places where water is a provocative issue. (Government is a provocative issue everywhere.)
        Hawaii's way of dealing with water hogs is like San Francisco's. A sliding scale of cost barriers seems to me to be a fair and impartial method. However, if I owned a 5 acre landscaped compound (with a pool and hot tub) I might think differently.

Comment

Working...
        X