X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repipe a 2 family duplex

Copper thieves struck again. Foreclosed house copper thieves stole everything. Anyone on the forum in the central Connecticut area willing to bid on this project? PM me or reply in this thread. The new owner bought it knowing the condition and is willing to spend some bucks.

Re: Repipe a 2 family duplex

yesterday I went to a job where they cut out the backflow..... and left the water ON

this is the 8th time ive gone to one of these jobs... and it was only a 1.5'' 975 XL , typically they go for the bigger stuff

Comment

Crack heads will stoop to low levels. 1/2 and 3/4" are easy to cut with bolt cutters and quiet too.

Comment

The trick is to paint the Backflow or ever the copper with spray paint. Its not worth as much painted. We had a Business complex get hit, and they tore the cage off of the newer unpainted backflow and stole it, but left the painted one right next to it. Took a couple of others also..

Comment

Yeah, crackheads are not rocket scientists.

Comment

Painted or non painted copper pipe is a difference of only 16 cents a pound (#1 copper tube is $3.08/lb and #2 copper tube is $2.92/lb -July 2012). #2 copper is pipe with solder or pipe that has been painted. The crackheads probably believe that the painted copper is iron and leave it behind ...dummies ...LOL

Comment

Last time i took in my scrap, clean brass was more than a dollar a pound more than dirty brass.
              Guess they were picky thieves.

Comment

Working...
              X