X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gota love the hacks of the world.

Found this gem on a call, their handyhack thought it was the toilet seal leaking. He had redone the kitchen a few years ago. The first picture is the electrical systems of the home. Just imagine what the plumbing systems look like. LOL.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16de98d108fc8a90f90059ddf69f9b47.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	16446

The main leak is behind the upper cabinet over the cook top.

Name:	f0f2195b612b87df2b8829e64313d88d.jpg
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	16447

The 3" comes down with a couplng fittings face to face, with 2 3x1 1/2 wyes all close coupled.

Name:	5141ecaee0a2869b6c763d367f3b1476.jpg
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	16448

The 2 x 6 wall stud is completely cut out, the double top plate again 2 x 6 is completly cut out also. below the two wyes is a st 45 to get by the rotted out, none functioning range hood vent, the electrical is dead. It was also hacked in with 2" foam board and enough silicone to make GE stock jump a dollar a share. FYI the 3" abs is on the far right.

Name:	43fda32c61bd992b8547ab2255adeb55.jpg
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	16449

Notice that there is enough abs cement to do the whole house on about a dozen fittings. LOL.

Name:	b276a8a41c70c7b086df671fa0e9e51e.jpg
Size:	414.7 KB
ID:	16451
    Down to a 1/16 bend, 22 1/2 at top of counter top.

Name:	fc1bb310a994381c72f4dcdb6a22e4ed.jpg
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	16450

I put a stop to the job and have now gotten the homeowners insurance company involved. The top cabinet wil not come loose to remove it looks like they glued the damn things together with silicone.

I will post more pictures and an progress as it happens.

Just gotta love the hacks, this stuff is just to good to make up. Looks like a job from Homles on Homes.
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Re: Gota love the hacks of the world.

This Guy should do jail time! Seen His truck " WE WIRE FOR FIRE DEWEY CHEATEM AND HOW "
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I wonder if the guy that did this work came to the Ridgid ask the experts section for plumbing advice...

Looking at that electrical, I'm guessing it was an Engineers house...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        I wonder if the guy that did this work came to the Ridgid ask the experts section for plumbing advice...

You crack Me Up, BAD BOY
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A hack is a hack is a hack, no matter what title they give themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
            A hack is a hack is a hack, no matter what title they give themselves.
            Those are the kinds of disasters I LOVE!!!!!! They do nothing but make the REAL pros look like the superhero! Keep'em coming, hackazoids!

Comment

I know you guys banned me from the Prof Plumber discussion, but I had to comment, whoever did that was definitely an engineer, no professional would have done that

And you guys worry about the hacks stealing your business?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
                Those are the kinds of disasters I LOVE!!!!!! They do nothing but make the REAL pros look like the superhero! Keep'em coming, hackazoids!
                You are so right Plumber 26. I really do love hacks. They keep the check book in the black and the guys working. The more f*@#ed up they are the better I like them. Let them keep hacking it up cha ching. We will never stop the hacks of the world we just learn to live with them and profit from them. "Superplumbers to the rescue"
                WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Face to face fittings (which it clearly isn't in the one picture), I wouldn't consider a "hack" move.

I think we all have been in this situation 1 time or another, and cutting numerous fittings out to get the perfect fit just isn't always feasible.

Comment

Working...
                  X