Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold on right or left with corner whirlpool tubs?

Obviously the cold supply is on the right hand side...however....with a corner whirlpool tub and the faucet mounted opposite the corner, is the cold on the right or left hand side? The large whirlpool tubs are filled before you enter them so the cold would be on the right side when you're not in the tub. Having this set up, when you are inside the tub, the cold is on the left.

Which installation is proper installation?

Re: Cold on right or left with corner whirlpool tubs?

Our garden tub has the hot and cold places from the perspective of someone in the tub.
    I've never seen it done otherwise. The spout and faucets are mounted in the same corner,
    with the hot and cold flanking the spout and a hand held spray. Its a Grohe on an American
    Standard tub.

That thing uses so much water its crazy. I think you need like 65 gallons before you can
    even run the pumps.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 07-14-2012, 09:57 PM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Downunder we are always hot on left cold on right as you look at tap set. Of course this varies a little when you talk about our Pacific Cousins over in the North and South islands of New Zealand where they are the direct opposite.

Comment

The code says Hot and Cold are referenced from the 'operaters position'. Normally thats from inside the tub.

I have seen big tubs with the faucet on the far wall without a remote filler. Who gets in the tub and THEN fills it?

Comment

our jacuzzi tub is plumbed for the hot on the left while outside the tub. the valve bodies are mounted on the deck of the tub.

now if it were standard wall mount, then the hot would always be on the left as you face it.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have the Butler draw my bath so I really have no idea which handle is which.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              I have the Butler draw my bath so I really have no idea which handle is which.
              I prefer the maid to draw mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                I prefer the maid to draw mine.
                Now this thread is realy moving in the right direction.

Dreaming..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! ROFLMAO(I think this is correct).

Comment

Maids clean. Butlers........buttle
                  sigpic

Comment

Johnny Carson asked Arnald Palmer's wife if she did anything special for him before a tournament. She said she cleaned his balls for him. Johnny opined that he bet that made his putter stand up.

Comment

If the spout and ha ndles are on same corner, plumb it like normal. Anything else is confusing and just has the feeling a idiot installed it.

If spout and handles are on opposite corners, then standing outside tub looking at handles, left is hot.

Having handles and spout together you have the spout to tell you without having to guess which is hot. If no spout , then you will naturally think left is hot.

Comment

Working...
                      X