Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "From a budget stand point"

Originally posted by tozziwelding View Post
    do any of the local tradesmen donate to you, i bring leftover steel and welding rod to my voc tech all the time. It is a win win, they get valuable material and i can use the big equipment, or get a tax voucher for actual value of my scrap. I have a good relationship with the instructor there.
    upper cape ??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Plymouth South, Upper Cape was our arch VICA enemy, LOL

Comment

All very good ideas gentlemen. Thanks for your valuable input. Our high school next door is currently knee deep into a major renovation, and I'm trying to land anything I can outta that deal. Conduit, black iron, equipment, poly pipe, all thread, channel iron, you name it. Got a massive geothermal project going on in front of my shop at the moment. 180 holes drilled to 400' each and miles of geo pipe. From 10" down to 1 1/4". School starts back here on Aug. 9 so all of this construction will be an awesome learning experience for my kids to see.

Comment

How to Paralyze senior carpenter students. 1st morn. with them. Split entrance ranch. Slab poured,walls framed n sheathed. Entrance platform framed n sheathed. stack of 2x12s for stair stringers. Stack of 2x8s for rafters. Boys, You must know how to lay out common rafters and calculate , step off ,stair stringers by now , RIGHT ! I see them nod with fear in their eyes. I hand Mike an Allum framing square. "Stairs for You mike. left side platform ,up 1 st floor, right ,down to slab. keep rise uniform around 7 1/2" tread around 10", deduct 3/4" off bottom tread for 3/4" oak treads ,later. " Paul,handing Him another framing square, 8" rise, 18" overhang 3 1/2" birds mouth. Now I go do some other work for 1/2 an hour with My regular carpenter, Pissin our pants at their panic. Then say to them " lets calculate and lay these out together Guys ,jokes over! This was 1973 or so great memories. Tool
          Last edited by toolaholic; 07-23-2012, 07:20 PM.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X