Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: copper leaks

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Plumbus can you give a link to the Copper Development Association. We have one here and it would be interesting to see more. We also have issues with copper corrosion. Rick nailed the biggest culprit, water quality. Again I am not an expert but rather an active interested plumber.
    Google comes back with this to contact them: Copper.org: Technical Inquiry Form

Comment

Originally posted by mbhydro View Post
      Google comes back with this to contact them: Copper.org: Technical Inquiry Form
      Beat me to it.

Comment

I think you should change all your copper fittings with pex. Pex is not very costly and also easy to install.
        Heating And Plumbing Supplies

Comment

Thankyou Maria. I'll look into pex. sounds like if I see it anywhere it will have big teeth marks in it from mice and rats chewing on it.

I have seen and have installed a bunch of plastic like flexable pipe but it must not be pex because nothing seems to chew through it. HHHMMMMMMMMM

Seriously I havent seen mice chew through pex, grey poly or cpvc or pvc. It sure could happen and copper can leak just like at my house

Comment

I have never seen a anything chew through pex.

I think it's a urban legend.

Comment

Working...
            X