X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water service leak 1" poly has 3/8" crack

LONG PRIVATE DRIVE 10% GRADE, WATER COMING UP THROUGH ASPHALT. Jack hammer N dig see 3/8" long crack in poly. We are in Hill slide ,creep region. Wonder if this is caused by hill creep, not to be confused " with goat Man " ! Also any chance of cross contamination ? is there a common procedure They can,should take? Water off tonight repair in morn Barb fitting 4 clamps. I will bed and cover with sand. Thanks
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Water service leak 1" poly has 3/8" crack

Barb fitting and 4 clamps?

Send a pick of Hacktown so we can all have a laugh...

Comment

Pack joint coupling Tool, it's the only poly repair I'll make underground
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Sounds like a 'dig-at-house-dig-at-street-directional-boring' job to me. Poly is garbage! I'll dig it and fix it once to appease the customer but recommend it be replace with a better quality material.... if I come back the second time, WHEN it splits again, the only option I'll consider is replacement. Too much other work out there to be a human backhoe twice at the same house.

Comment

Originally posted by okiebill View Post
          barb fitting and 4 clamps?

Send a pick of hacktown so we can all have a laugh...
          " kiss my irish *** okie "
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hey tool is have to agree replace it with municipal service series 160 and mueller compresion Adaptors. If you have to just fix the poly make sure you use brass adaptors sure you would just a reminder the plastic ones they sell here are more prone to failing then the poly itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
              Pack joint coupling Tool, it's the only poly repair I'll make underground
              Thanks ,Was there at 7AM did a brass compression coupling. Water restored ,will install a ford coupling later in week. I'll also install a Key box over it before I replace asphalt.
              10 Years ago I did $100,000 in retaining walls ,Wide flange 30 ft. long I beams in concrete. Hill side was rotating.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
                Sounds like a 'dig-at-house-dig-at-street-directional-boring' job to me. Poly is garbage! I'll dig it and fix it once to appease the customer but recommend it be replace with a better quality material.... if I come back the second time, WHEN it splits again, the only option I'll consider is replacement. Too much other work out there to be a human backhoe twice at the same house.
                That's good advise. This is about 4 Mill home. In the last 14 Years We did around $600,000. My best Customer and great friend.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  That's good advise. This is about 4 Mill home. In the last 14 Years We did around $600,000. My best Customer and great friend.
                  Got to treat the good ones right!

Comment

Water off tonight repair in morn Barb fitting 4 clamps. I will bed and cover with sand. Thanks[/QUOTE]

My suggestion is to keep 3/4 and 1 barb/clamps on the truck to get them up and running until you can get the proper fitting, ie. pack joint.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      " kiss my irish *** okie "

You should have just used a 1" sharkbite...

No Pics???

Comment

Kevin
                        Why does a fairly big ticket estate have a poly service in the first place? I smell an opportunity to make a buck replacing the whole thing, thereby giving your pal the HO peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                          Kevin
                          Why does a fairly big ticket estate have a poly service in the first place? I smell an opportunity to make a buck replacing the whole thing, thereby giving your pal the HO peace of mind.
                          Thanks Scott for the suggestion. My Guess is the hill has moved some. The repair Now has a little slack for future movement. I installed a concrete 16" x 24" concrete directly above the brass compression coupling. Hilti cut the asphalt square ,then did asphalt patch compacted with My plate compactor. It was the 250 PSI line , not the thinner poly. Repeat in the future, I'll show up with My backhoe and copper.Who knew what the builder was thinking.
                          No cheap 5 acre homes in Kentfield!

Comment

"The repair Now has a little slack for future movement" that is what I was thinking as I read this thread. Glad you thought of it too.
                            Mike

Comment

Amazing, wonderful
                              For your plumbing needs : plumbing in san diego

Comment

Working...
                              X