X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does it come off the truck?

At what point do you decide that a piece of equipment or material is no longer needed on the truck?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: When does it come off the truck?

When you need to put something else in the space it is saving.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It comes off the truck if it has not been used for a while or kept getting in my way! But of course the minute you take it off the truck the next day you need it lol!
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I usually dong my truck out twice a year. Once before heating season and again in the spring. If I haven't used it in that 6 month spread and don't anticipate using it anytime soon it goes. Of course, no matter how I organize, the next time I need a part it'll be on the bottom of the pile.

Comment

As soon as I take it off the truck I end up needing it..........

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            At what point do you decide that a piece of equipment or material is no longer needed on the truck?
            You thinking about a divorce?

Comment

I clean out the garage/truck a couple times a year. But I put that stuff in boxes. If I haven't used it in a couple years, and its new in the box and clean, it goes back to the store (usually home depot) and if its returnable (current sku) I exchange if for store credit. Bought my pressure washer this year with the return credit. My local home depot doesn't care as long as its current, clean and looks new, as I always get store credit and not looking for credits to my account. I'm still spending the money there so I don't feel bad. I NEVER would return used items, that's just wrong. The stuff I return the most and for the largest credit tends to be hangers of all shapes, sizes and configuration, darn things accumulate over the years, never change for the most part and are $$$.

Comment

I was actually thinking about that lately. I have an entire row of copper fittings. Haven't touched a single one in over two years (using all propress). Time to clean them out and replace them with propress fittings, maybe keep a couple of each in my copper torch box just in case. Right now I'm using the 5 gallon buckets with stackers inside for my propress fittings. Yup time to make the change official, thanks!

Comment

Early on in my career I stocked a complete hand held Ridgid threading kit along with a pipe cutter in every one of my trucks. (there was a lot more galvanized pipe out there in those days) When I finally realized that these were seldom being used I had them incorporated into my tool check out system in my shop.

Comment

I clear the truck out twice a year because of Heating season.

Comment

Simple! When the print on the box is worn off from the box bouncing around rubbing adjacent things. (Then I don't know what it is anyway so what's the point of carrying it. )

I kid you not, there's a box containing a solenoid to energize my alternate battery that's been bouncing around my DASHBOARD for four years now. The label came off from exposure to sunlight or something. I currently use a manual switch to charge the battery when I want. I was going to put the solenoid switch in parallel with the manual switch but have just not gotten around tuit yet. (Tuit's can be hard to find)
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                      X