X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waltz with a 50 gal. W.h. Wtf

Well ,I thought I was prepared. Had new 50 Gal B. Wht. W.h. ,straps, 3/4" cap with schrader valve N compresser.
    Was going to use air to fast purge 50 gal. water out. Gal was serious about No water on garage floor. I go to attach hose to W.H. Bib, WTF Nipple n end cap ! About 500 lbs on My 2 wheeler out to drive. I'm about 70 and working alone! Next remove Hydronic boiler , cap of water,gas, elec, chimney , repair roof hole. started 10:30 finished 6:30
    Why would someone ever do this, NO DRAIN ?? Man I slept that night.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Waltz with a 50 gal. W.h. Wtf

NICE! Next time cut the pipes out above the heater and shove a piece of pex down to the bottom through the cold side. Attach it to the pump and away you go.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

she was very serious about the no water thing. had capped the bibb off.

in the future you could do like gettinit. or take the chance and do it on the fly like i always do.

shut water off and verify it's off. then try to create a negative pressure or make sure all the faucets are closed. you should be able to unscrew the cap with very minimal water and install a ball valve with hose adapter.

i seem to have to waltz with the bigger girls more like the 75's and 100's

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah, Rick. One of my co-workers thought I was crazy but, he called me about one that had too many deposits at te botom that he couldn't get to drain. I went there with a full port valve w/ hose threads on the outlet end. He was like, "man, your gonna get water everywhere!" But, I made him a believer............. just like sticking your finger over a 50+ gallon straw......

Comment

I generally change the elements in electric water heaters just by pulling vacuum and working fast. Might loose a cup of water at most.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
            NICE! Next time cut the pipes out above the heater and shove a piece of pex down to the bottom through the cold side. Attach it to the pump and away you go.
            You know, I bought a harbor freight pump 25 gpm utility pump and it doesn't work for My spa or W.H.S . Problem that was a year and a half ago. So air.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

"i seem to have to waltz with the bigger girls more like the 75's and 100's" Its like dancing with my fat aunt at a wedding! been there done that!
              ]

Comment

I'm a believer on the change out on the fly thanks guys. Off to harbor freight with this pump.
                Hope they have a glass damage waiver! on their show room.

Comment

Working...
                X