X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules MegaBubble leak detector

Have no idea how it works on actual gas leaks, but this stuff found 3 air leaks in tires that defied detection with homemade soapy water. One had been making me crazy as it took about two weeks to leak down. Thumbs up; the stuff works.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Hercules MegaBubble leak detector

try windex next time with no ammonia as it will eat stainless steel on flexes.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Been using megabubble for years.Got tired of not being able to find microleaks.

Comment

I use them and Big Blue. Both work well. Most all of these types of leak detectors are corrosive and need to wiped dry, rinsed somehow, and then dried again. I don't think Snoop will rust black iron. For tires, a bathtub with Dawn unless you have a wife like mine. If so, I think the auto store usually carries Wagners* spray cleaners. I think its a bleach white. Anyway, 50/50 with water does the trick.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Snoop works. Also safe for stainless steel. Use it all the time on 304 and 316 SS instrument tubing and on copper tubing.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X