Hercules MegaBubble leak detector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules MegaBubble leak detector

Have no idea how it works on actual gas leaks, but this stuff found 3 air leaks in tires that defied detection with homemade soapy water. One had been making me crazy as it took about two weeks to leak down. Thumbs up; the stuff works.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Hercules MegaBubble leak detector

try windex next time with no ammonia as it will eat stainless steel on flexes.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Been using megabubble for years.Got tired of not being able to find microleaks.

Comment

I use them and Big Blue. Both work well. Most all of these types of leak detectors are corrosive and need to wiped dry, rinsed somehow, and then dried again. I don't think Snoop will rust black iron. For tires, a bathtub with Dawn unless you have a wife like mine. If so, I think the auto store usually carries Wagners* spray cleaners. I think its a bleach white. Anyway, 50/50 with water does the trick.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Snoop works. Also safe for stainless steel. Use it all the time on 304 and 316 SS instrument tubing and on copper tubing.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
          X