Used ridgid 300 or 700 power drive ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used ridgid 300 or 700 power drive ??

My work is service,remodeling. Which way would You go? Not too much $$$$$ difference !!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Used ridgid 300 or 700 power drive ??

If you're using the tool alot...then the 300. If it's once in a blue moon, then the 700.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Kevin
      Whichever you decide on make sure you test it before laying out any cash. I would thread a piece of 2". If it can do that without huffin and puffin then I would say it's not yet past it's prime. You might also go through all the die heads to see if they cut without tearing any threads.

Comment

No question, I would go with the 300 unless all of you threading is going to be one inch and smaller.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thank You All,Great advise
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The 700 is the ultimate tool for service trucks, IMO. I use it on 2" quite often in the air for in place repairs. It also runs my 141 in a pinch. I would also say that if you are doing large (many threads being cut) the 300 is better suited but the 700 with a standard vice will get it done. It (700) will work you having to pick it up and down on those larger jobs, but it is a beast. For the deep wells I use m a buddies rig to pull them with the 700.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

for production work the 300 of course.

for service work and easy in and out, the 700.

what is your primary work?

also for green gas pipe, the 700 will not work unless you strip the plastic coating first or mill out the die head.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Thank You all, for Your council. I picked up a nice Used 300 with bucket N oiler for $880.00 Nice Young Union Plumber. was His own personal Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  for production work the 300 of course.

for service work and easy in and out, the 700.

what is your primary work?

also for green gas pipe, the 700 will not work unless you strip the plastic coating first or mill out the die head.

rick.
                  No offense intended Ridgid, but I used to think the 700 was the way to go until I tried a Rems Amigo2. Much lighter and easier to maneuver. And able to take the abuse of non caring employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                    No offense intended Ridgid, but I used to think the 700 was the way to go until I tried a Rems Amigo2. Much lighter and easier to maneuver. And able to take the abuse of non caring employees.
                    DAM , I'm gonna miss You Scott !!!!!!

Comment

Tool, I have a nice bolt die head for that 300 of yours if your interested. Cheap and it comes with lobsters and clams in the shipping box.

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
                        Tool, I have a nice bolt die head for that 300 of yours if your interested. Cheap and it comes with lobsters and clams in the shipping box.
                        Now You have My attention !!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Thank You all, for Your council. I picked up a nice Used 300 with bucket N oiler for $880.00 Nice Young Union Plumber. was His own personal Machine.
                          First, I think you got a great price on the 300, especially with oiler.

While I favor the 700 for service-portability, I would have suggested that you also look at the 600 or even the 690.

Comment

Bought 2 sets of ridgid die heads today. 1/2" + 3/4" and 1" to 2" about $300 with tax. Next I'll fab a swing arm from stainless steel. Be nice to find another die head so I don't have to change dies.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Bought 2 sets of ridgid die heads today. 1/2" + 3/4" and 1" to 2" about $300 with tax. Next I'll fab a swing arm from stainless steel. Be nice to find another die head so I don't have to change dies.
                              I like a 65r for fast changes on jobs where time is money and you are using various size pipes. Dies are cheap.
                              AllurePlumbing.com
                              • leak detection
                              • drain cleaning
                              • utility locating
                              • conductor fault locating
                              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
                              X