X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more tool bag

Why do I have one? For quite some time now, I've been leaving the tool bag in the van and putting the tools I need into a plastic bin. Guess I'm tired of picking up a 50+lb bag. Was thinking of installing one of these. Craftsman 26" 3-Drawer Quiet Glide™ Intermediate Tool Chest - Tools - Tool Storage - Middle Chests

has anyone ditched the bag and what are your thoughts?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: No more tool bag

Yeah, I ditched her. But now am paranoid.

Depends on what your doing. I've used just about everything. Tool box, bag, Veto, plastic tool tray. Now I have a tool box and an open tool tote with pretty much equal tools. I go to the open tote and pick what I want when I have a pretty good idea that I only need a few hand tools. Think I'm gonna' need more, I grab the tool box. (Plastic-lighter) One of the main reasons I've went back to the tool box is that I kept needing a seat or stool to stand on.

I have one of those you have linked. But it's the actual tool-box with the handle on top. Way too heavy so it sits on a workbench at the shop.

Comment

My old truck had a mechanics tool box bolted into the far front of the cargo area. Was nice to keep all the hand tools in one place and well organized
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

ben, that craftsman you linked is way too light weight for a moving vehicle.

this is the one i've had for 3.8 years in my truck and it locks. plus it supports the k-60 on the top of it too without any issues. adam has the same.

it might be a harbor freight unit, but it will put most other boxes to shame.

7 Drawer Red End Cabinet for Roller Tool Chest

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

That's a nice size stack of drawers for in a van Rick. Good choice I think.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X