No more tool bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more tool bag

Why do I have one? For quite some time now, I've been leaving the tool bag in the van and putting the tools I need into a plastic bin. Guess I'm tired of picking up a 50+lb bag. Was thinking of installing one of these. Craftsman 26" 3-Drawer Quiet Glideā„¢ Intermediate Tool Chest - Tools - Tool Storage - Middle Chests

has anyone ditched the bag and what are your thoughts?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: No more tool bag

Yeah, I ditched her. But now am paranoid.

Depends on what your doing. I've used just about everything. Tool box, bag, Veto, plastic tool tray. Now I have a tool box and an open tool tote with pretty much equal tools. I go to the open tote and pick what I want when I have a pretty good idea that I only need a few hand tools. Think I'm gonna' need more, I grab the tool box. (Plastic-lighter) One of the main reasons I've went back to the tool box is that I kept needing a seat or stool to stand on.

I have one of those you have linked. But it's the actual tool-box with the handle on top. Way too heavy so it sits on a workbench at the shop.

Comment

My old truck had a mechanics tool box bolted into the far front of the cargo area. Was nice to keep all the hand tools in one place and well organized
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

ben, that craftsman you linked is way too light weight for a moving vehicle.

this is the one i've had for 3.8 years in my truck and it locks. plus it supports the k-60 on the top of it too without any issues. adam has the same.

it might be a harbor freight unit, but it will put most other boxes to shame.

7 Drawer Red End Cabinet for Roller Tool Chest

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

That's a nice size stack of drawers for in a van Rick. Good choice I think.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
          X