X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPC revision to horizontal wet venting rules

For those in UPC country who use horizontal wet venting, this might be of interest.
    Attached Files

Re: UPC revision to horizontal wet venting rules

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
    For those in UPC country who use horizontal wet venting, this might be of interest.
    Don't get too excited Boys, I never signed off on this DRIBBLE !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Neither has Phil Ribbs. That's why he's trying to clarify the rules so that if (for political reasons) we have to allow it, at least it will have a chance to be installed in a way that it will hopefully work.

Comment

I am not a prof plumber but allow me some questions, on the following portion of the proposed change:

The dry vent connection to the wet vent shall be an individual vent for the bidet, shower, or bathtub. One or two vented lavatory(s) shall be permitted to serve as a wet vent for a bathroom group. Only one wet-vented fixture drain or trap arm shall discharge upstream of the dry-vented fixture drain connection. All dry vent connections to the horizontal wet vent shall be in accordance with Section 905.2 and Section 905.3.

My interpretation of wording and questions:

1) There is a dry vent connection to the horizontal wet vent and only one wet-vented fixture drain can discharge upstream of the connection. Isn't by definition the upstream fixture really dry vented because of this connection?
        2) If two vented lavatories are allowed as a wet vent for the group, does this not contradict the first statement that only one fixture is allowed upstream?
        3) Does the statement the dry vent connection to the wet vent shall be an individual vent for the bidet, shower, or bathtub mean that the bathtub drain can be the most upstream part of a wet vent for the group? Seems like trouble to me if so, what happens if the bathtub is draining while you are using the sink, WC...

Comment

What was the purpose off this change ? Another opportunity for an expensive lunch ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Describing horizontal wet venting without pictures is a tough job. I suggest hochwald get his hands on an illustrated copy of the '09 book and study the diagrams on wety venting. I. for one, stay away from such practices. The only instance where I might be temped is to mitigate slab cutting on a renovation, or excession coring what dealinbg with a post tension slab (x-rays, etc.)

Comment

Working...
            X