X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Ship?

It looks like the pros have decided to leave this board to the "Engineers" and know everything GC types. *Shrug*

Amazing how Ego can ruin a great place.

Looks like PZ is busy, I wonder why that is???

Re: Abandoned Ship?

Sometimes, as I've found in other hosted forums, it's easier to lurk and learn than it is to say something and get a verbal beat-down. There are bullies and cowards that frequently hide behind keyboards and make some forums difficult. The eloquent and knowledgeable get to a point where enough is enough...and they are gone. The ones that are left...well, they can start flame wars among themselves... or they are they hard learners like myself
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Yep. Pretty good summation to it's current demise.

I like reading everything urch55 puts up so far though.

Comment

Not sure if ego is making people exit...otherwise PZ would be toast and PZ tops the verbal beat downs on question caused by regionality. I don't think there was but 2 that I can think of who were really unwelcome here. PZ is the hot topic right now because most there has a false sense of security that their site is strictly plumber-view-only.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Not sure if ego is making people exit...otherwise PZ would be toast and PZ tops the verbal beat downs on question caused by regionality. I don't think there was but 2 that I can think of who were really unwelcome here. PZ is the hot topic right now because most there has a false sense of security that their site is strictly plumber-view-only.
          Ben, My thought for what it is worth is at least PZ is willing to try to enforce their Pros only rule (In the Pros forum). PZ will eat its own that's for sure, so Im not sure why someone would try to fake it there...lol

Moderators have failed this forum (sorry Mark) when it came to giving the pros a place to come together... Ask the experts is a separate forum for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            Ben, My thought for what it is worth is at least PZ is willing to try to enforce their Pros only rule (In the Pros forum). PZ will eat its own that's for sure, so Im not sure why someone would try to fake it there...lol

Moderators have failed this forum (sorry Mark) when it came to giving the pros a place to come together... Ask the experts is a separate forum for a reason...
            Not talking about anyone faking being a plumber on that site. I was refering that anyone can look at that whole site with the exception of one section. So all the plumbers there, myself included, are are not just communicating with other site members but everyone, including non-plumbers. The only people the mods are kicking off are those that sign up and ask a question but they can still search the whole forum to get what they want.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

PZ never appealed to me, and have no desires to join that forum.

I'm just content with lurking right now as I simply don't have the time at the moment to jump into discussions.

Comment

It looks like the pros have decided to leave this board to the "Engineers" and know everything GC types. *Shrug*

Bill, I just assumed everyone is busy. (I looked and it turns out I haven't checked in for a week) See? Busy. That time of year I guess.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

same thing happened about 7 years ago when all the plumbers showed up (not that that's a bad thing).
                  Before that the forum was dominated with woodworking talk. We lost some good people on the woodworking
                  side over the years too.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'm a DIYer but like pointed out most of the guys here are a one man show and since the economy is improving business is picking up.

I would like to thank the pro's that are still posting. It is comforting to have some impute sometimes to ashier I have a code compliant job. Other wise I might end up cobbling that area in question.

Comment

Originally posted by rodm1 View Post
                      I'm a DIYer but like pointed out most of the guys here are a one man show and since the economy is improving business is picking up.

I would like to thank the pro's that are still posting. It is comforting to have some impute sometimes to ashier I have a code compliant job. Other wise I might end up cobbling that area in question.

If you are gonna post in a Thread / Forum where your opinion as a DIY'er was not asked for nor required at least try to form a coherent though and maybe even try spell check.

Just a thought...

Comment

Personally, I have had enough of DIY'ers that come to forums looking for free advice that have no intention of pulling a permit or getting the work inspected. We all have to play by the rules and it pisses me off that these cowboys think they don't. I can't count how many threads that start with "there's no permits or inspectors in my area" I throw the BS card. You get homeowners trying to get advice on how to plumb a full bathroom without having any experience or skills but damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Then they get all pissy when someone tells them to hire a plumber. I suspect you will find most of the pro's have had enough of being used for free advice. We have a living to make. Besides, we can go to PZ and call each other horrible names and get into wonderful arguments over politics and religion

Here's a classic example of what I'm talking about. If I was the forum administrator I would have pulled the thread. http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...ion&highlight=
                        Last edited by NHMaster3015; 10-13-2012, 09:08 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          Personally, I have had enough of DIY'ers that come to forums looking for free advice that have no intention of pulling a permit or getting the work inspected. We all have to play by the rules and it pisses me off that these cowboys think they don't. I can't count how many threads that start with "there's no permits or inspectors in my area" I throw the BS card. You get homeowners trying to get advice on how to plumb a full bathroom without having any experience or skills but damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Then they get all pissy when someone tells them to hire a plumber. I suspect you will find most of the pro's have had enough of being used for free advice. We have a living to make. Besides, we can go to PZ and call each other horrible names and get into wonderful arguments over politics and religion

Here's a classic example of what I'm talking about. If I was the forum administrator I would have pulled the thread. Odd trap / drain depth question.

I used that forum for about a week. But soon found out it is heavily censored by Terry. So it is Terry's Forum with like minds instead of a public forum.

The guy starting the thread is an idiot simply wanting professional people to tell him the dumb thing he's about to do is ok. So let him do it. He's had every warning in the world and still wants to argue about it. He risks safety of occupants, much higher maintenance costs, damage to structure (seen many cave in), and inability to resale because realtor laws are ever increasing requiring inspections of tanks.

But he won't listen. Like trying to reason with an engineer because he can figure out a way to "fix something".

Comment

Working...
                          X