Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: propress 200 b

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
    The Milwaukee and ridgid jaws are compatible according to Milwaukees website.There both owned bye Emerson tools I think there connected probally make both jaws in the same factory in my opinion ridgid " plumbing tools" are better built then Milwaukee. Don't get me wrong I have 14 m 12 batteries and an assortment of there tools from nohub wrench to impact,wirsbo tool,grease gun and jacket along with various others. I love the m 12 line up but wasn't gona fork out close to two grand on one that only goes to one inch. Anyways keep you guys informed.
    As I understand it, the Milwaukee M12 tool will press up to 1.25". I have a CT-400, but without a set of V-rings, it has a lot of limitations due to it's size. To me the biggest appeal of the Milwaukee tool is its size. I do mostly remodel and repair and frequently need to get into tight spaces. Geno's story just sold me on that tool!
    -chris

Comment

Sorry guess I was looking at toolbarns webpage and there kit just goes to one inch..it does sound pretty good.

Comment

I ordered a 210 ended up getting a better price I really hummed and hawed on the milwaukess cause I have so many Milwaukee batterys. They have a promotion where they give you a free 12 volt copper cutter and battery. But I went ridgid cause I'm almost allways happy with there products. I think il be happy with my decision. The 200 isn't realeased till the middle of the month didn't want to wait a month allready have a mechanical room to pipe. Anyways glad to join the propress Family..
        Seaany, out of curiosity do you guys have problems or issues with the milwaukie batteries. Also just so you know how far they stretch us over the counter VEIGA tool complete, next to nochange out of $7k. Reckon we dont get it where the sun dont shine...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I did it. Just bought the Milwaukee. I bought the one on ebay for 1619.00, no shipping, and no tax. I called the company to make sure it was brand new factory sealed. They're one of the largest Milwaukee online tool sellers in the world, CPO Outlets. I asked if there was more than one available and they said no, not at this time so I had to grab it. Ferguson wanted 1799 plus tax so I saved a good chunk of money. Can't wait to get it. I use my propress almost every day and the larger Rothenberger I have now is getting heavy.

Comment

Iv had lots of problems with my Milwaukee 18 volt lithium batterys but I put my drill thru hell . Three out of seven of my Makita 3 amp 18 volt lithium batteries have died . " under warrenty luckily. Iv only had one m12. Battery die and its just 12 volt not red lithium I love the m12 line up maybe I should have researched the milwaukee more. But eh Xmas is coming.

Comment

Iv had lots of problems with my Milwaukee 18 volt lithium batterys but I put my drill thru hell . Three out of seven of my Makita 3 amp 18 volt lithium batteries have died . " under warrenty luckily. Iv only had one m12. Battery die and its just 12 volt not red lithium I love the m12 line up maybe I should have researched the milwaukee more. But eh Xmas is coming.
              I've never had problems with their batteries. Hated the little sawzall, it just couldn't do what I wanted. Love the copper cutter but mine is worn out and I've sent it back once already. Lucky though I get a free copper cutter and battery with this deal so all is good again.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                I've never had problems with their batteries. Hated the little sawzall, it just couldn't do what I wanted. Love the copper cutter but mine is worn out and I've sent it back once already. Lucky though I get a free copper cutter and battery with this deal so all is good again.
                That really is a great deal. Did it come with all of the jaw sets? Let me know how you like the tool.

I talked to my local Milwaukee dealer and he said that price from the ebay seller is below the price that they are supposed to be able to advertise. But as you said, they are one of the largest dealers so they probably have deeper discounts.

-chris

Comment

It's the kit, tool, 2 batteries, charger, 1/2, 3/4, and 1" jaws and case. Brand new factory sealed, not a rebuild. When I called them they said Milwaukee gave them one kit to sell and I asked them why are you selling it cheaper? She said it was a one time deal and that they were selling it at cost. I asked if they will have more at that price and she said no. I can't remember who posted that it was on ebay but I thank you whoever it was. I don't need to buy the 1 1/4" jaw because I already have the larger Rothenberger corded model with jaws up to 2". Plus I'm getting the copper cutter and an extra battery free when I send in the paperwork to Milwaukee. I think what did it for me was of course the price but also the 5 year warranty. I have the Roth backup so if I ever have to send in the Milwaukee I'm covered. I am so tired of lugging around the Roth, it's heavy. Rick told me not to sell my old Roth compact, he was right.

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                  That really is a great deal. Did it come with all of the jaw sets? Let me know how you like the tool.

I talked to my local Milwaukee dealer and he said that price from the ebay seller is below the price that they are supposed to be able to advertise. But as you said, they are one of the largest dealers so they probably have deeper discounts.

-chris

Comment

It's the kit, tool, 2 batteries, charger, 1/2, 3/4, and 1" jaws and case. Brand new factory sealed, not a rebuild. When I called them they said Milwaukee gave them one kit to sell and I asked them why are you selling it cheaper? She said it was a one time deal and that they were selling it at cost. I asked if they will have more at that price and she said no. I can't remember who posted that it was on ebay but I thank you whoever it was. I don't need to buy the 1 1/4" jaw because I already have the larger Rothenberger corded model with jaws up to 2". Plus I'm getting the copper cutter and an extra battery free when I send in the paperwork to Milwaukee. I think what did it for me was of course the price but also the 5 year warranty. I have the Roth backup so if I ever have to send in the Milwaukee I'm covered. I am so tired of lugging around the Roth, it's heavy. Rick told me not to sell my old Roth compact, he was right.
                    You're welcome (I mentioned that there was one on ebay in the Milwaukee press tool thread in the Pipe Joining section) Now you have to promise to post some pictures of you using the tool in situations like the one Geno posted about!

I'm going to buy from my local Milwaukee dealer. It's use it or lose it time

Comment

Look at this clown trying to sell "coupons" on ebay for the free tubing cutter. Milwaukee force logic press tool coupon savings of $150-$300 (READ DESCRIPTION) | eBayWhat a joker. If your Milwaukee dealer doesn't tell you about this promo, they should lose their dealership rights.

Comment

Thanks Swade, I thought it was you who mentioned the ebay but wasn't sure. You saved me a lot of money. Thanks again.

Hey is that you selling the coupons? Just kidding! I sent him an email asking if he was for real? Ferguson has a stack of them on their counter.

Comment

I should have it on the 16th. I sure could have used it today, fact is I use propress almost every day and that smaller tool will be wonderful to use. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get it.

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                          You're welcome (I mentioned that there was one on ebay in the Milwaukee press tool thread in the Pipe Joining section) Now you have to promise to post some pictures of you using the tool in situations like the one Geno posted about!

I'm going to buy from my local Milwaukee dealer. It's use it or lose it time

Comment

I should have it on the 16th. I sure could have used it today, fact is I use propress almost every day and that smaller tool will be wonderful to use. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get it.
                            I sure as heck could have used a smaller tool last night. installing a residential 75 with 1" connections to be made overhead in the joist space and lots of water coming back. I love my CT400, but it is HEAVY.

Comment

The Milwaukee and ridgid jaws are compatible according to Milwaukees website.There both owned bye Emerson tools I think there connected probally make both jaws in the same factory in my opinion ridgid " plumbing tools" are better built then Milwaukee. Don't get me wrong I have 14 m 12 batteries and an assortment of there tools from nohub wrench to impact,wirsbo tool,grease gun and jacket along with various others. I love the m 12 line up but wasn't gona fork out close to two grand on one that only goes to one inch. Anyways keep you guys informed.
                              Seanny,

The M12 will crimp up to 1-1/4". My kit cost in the $1300 range after sales tax. So I'm not sure where the $2k is coming from. Good luck!
                              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                              X