X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Explosion

I have not heard the whole story yet but a friend posted this this morning. I guess they woke up to a big bang across the street No one was hurt but everyone in the neighborhood was evacuated.

Mark
    Attached Files
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Gas Explosion

looks like a relatively new tract. doesn't look like a fire but more of an explosion.

would be interesting if they find the exact source of the gas leak.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Here is the story so far.

'Natural-gas explosion' in Castle Rock injures 5 | 9news.com

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

one of the people they interviewed on TV this morning said she was driving in the area (not in view of the house) and saw the roof lift off above the other houses and fall back down, then circled around and drove to where she could view the house, they said the houses on both sides were damaged as well,

but they said all the people got out and were "OK" some small injuries but walked out on there own and no life threating injuries.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Hi dear today i want to say that ive heard gas explosions in homes...although rare can be devastating......would it be the end of the line for the person who lived there if there was a big gas explosion?

or would they have a chance to save themselves by diving out of their windows escaping the blast?
          Fire Damage Restoration Gold Coast|professional upholstery cleaning and protection services

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson0 View Post
            Hi dear today i want to say that ive heard gas explosions in homes...although rare can be devastating......would it be the end of the line for the person who lived there if there was a big gas explosion?

or would they have a chance to save themselves by diving out of their windows escaping the blast?
            all the people (I thnk there were 4 kids and one adult) in this case walked out of the rubble on there own and were not seriously hurt, according to news reports they were on the second floor watching TV, when it occurred,
            no work had been done on the furnace or other systems of the house,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and when it comes to an explosion, it is just that an explosion, (not a TV or Movie in slow motion that gives one time to react) it is nearly an instant occurrence, as far as our reaction time goes,

one day I went to start my generator, and the battery for the unit is at ones feet when you stand at the control panel, (the short story) the battery blew up when the stater was engaged, it was instant, no time to react,

first it was instant and second you were not expecting it, there was no time to even blink.
            Last edited by BHD; 10-17-2012, 10:06 AM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Its really very bad explosion. Hopefully no one get injured.

Comment

Working...
              X