X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing/Mechanical inspectors

Some Texas building officials have gotten together to try and help each other and us out. They launched a Facebook Page "PMCOAT" and are looking for people to "LIKE" it. They are trying to bridge the gap between a few Cities and help us out with the differences in code between Cities. I think it is a noble cause and already, I have avoided some issues. What do you think?
    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Re: Plumbing/Mechanical inspectors

It sounds like a great idea to give folks an idea BUT...

It is still a better idea to meet with the / a inspector in whose jurisdiction you are going to be working and work out any code differences in person, I normally do it when I'm purchasing a city business license. Nothing beats building a rapport and most all inspectors appreciate the advance visit, though I did have to buy a $25 inspection fee to get a sit down visit once :-)

Comment

Majority of them are idiots. We're all, in the majority, putting in the same fixtures with different codes and a 1,000 interpretations with each one insisting they're right. That's some real good thinking there. Most I've run into don't even understand plumbing.

But they can enforce what that book says!

Comment

Worthy idea. Kind of tough when Texas doesn't even have a single unified plumbing code.

Comment

Really great idea. Not everyone can do such task.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
            Worthy idea. Kind of tough when Texas doesn't even have a single unified plumbing code.
            The state of Texas is under the International Plumbing Code. Has been under one Code for a long time. We have a Great Board here. If I see a handyman or anyone else with the term Plumbing on their truck or advertisement with no Master #, I can take a picture, email it to them and they take care of it. They really have our back here. Plus every person in the company has to be licensed. Apprentices have to be registered 4 years and a 24 hour class before taking a journeyman test, Journeyman have to have 4 years and a 24 hour class on business before taking test. NOT JUST ONE PERSON IN THE COMPANY HAS TO BE LICENSED like California. and its not a 60 question multiple choice test either. It is a hands on and written full day test.
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Working...
            X