Faucet seat dressing tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faucet seat dressing tool

Geno google AQUALOC Tap valves. www.aqualoc.com.au and have a look. It should be an option to re-seating. Mind you I too have the drill and tap set for replacing seats, two sets and like the proverbial socks cant find a complete set at present. Also I use a HYDROSEAL tap re-seating tool. Goes on the end of your cordless drill and if used properly wont stuff the seats. Sorry havent got a web address but ewasy to find

Comment

If you want to stop a spout drip at the base of the faucet, firstly you have to pry off the cap on top of the faucet with a nail file to access and remove the handle screw. Than Lifted off the handle. If it is a leak at the faucet base, next you have to remove the retainer ring with channel-type pliers and wiggle the spout up and off the faucet body. Reassemble the faucet and test.
      metal identification tags

Comment

Geno, did the tool work out for this job?
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I'll bet I haven't cut or dressed a faucet seat in over 20 years. I tossed all those specialty tools a long time ago. Can't make money repairing faucets. Tear the old one out and sell something new. At 195 dollars an hour for labor, most customers ain't gonna pay to have me take a couple hours fixing a faucet.
          ''
          Last edited by NHMaster3015; 11-21-2012, 10:35 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X