• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbers Opinions?

Industrial setting.

Want hands free faucets.

Pedal valves or sensor faucets?

Re: Plumbers Opinions?

what industry? first reaction would be sensor style.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I always like the sensors better, Sloan optima and mown are good products.

Comment

It unanimous, sensors.

Comment

I have to agree sensors may be awkward to install but pedals are a pain!

The pedals will break when big steel toed feet press them....
          a lot more mechanical stuff to deal with when they fail etc etc

go with sensors if it's good enough for mall and big box store bathrooms they should have a
          proven track record.

Cactus Man

Comment

Toto sensor tap has a self recharging battery that last 10plus years they say so there is no out side wiring reg

Comment

Originally posted by Tanico View Post
              Toto sensor tap has a self recharging battery that last 10plus years they say so there is no out side wiring reg
              I agree with Toto Brand. I just put 13 urinals in a City office. They were manual, but I was very impressed. I have also had a demo on the faucets. I don't like the Sloan. Too many problems, unless your building has a softener installed.
              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Thanks all. The first generation of most sensor faucets seemed to be problematic junk. Possibly some later models as well. I recently ran into a guy removing all of them from the local Flying J 'cause he was sick of the problems. Don't know which brand though.

I was shown a Sloan Basys model recently. BASYS

All parts under a slideout at the top. Like removing the back off your remote control. And the model I was shown takes regular AA batteries. Don't know how long they last though.

I installed a pedal valve at a mechanics shop for their main wash up sink about a year ago. Steel toes, big guys, frequent wash ups between vehicles. Zero call backs.

Open to all ideas though. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanico View Post
                  That would be their eco line. With hard water comes regular maintenance. They make pedal faucets for your knee. Repair parts are pricey for the Toto eco line and parts are not readily available in the supply houses. I have waited for as long as 6 weeks. The eco line does hold up really well.

Batteries do not last 5 years in a Walmart, btw.
                  Last edited by Gettinit; 11-15-2012, 02:22 PM.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • conductor fault locating
                  • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Chicago Faucets is the way to go. They put all the electronics and batteryin the faucet. So there is no need to find a spot on a wall to mount a box.Here is a brochure that shows the full line of faucets, accessories, andconfigurations. One other nice feature is if you have a PDA that has a inferredcom port, you can download the software to communicate with the faucets, youcan change setting like sensor range, and flow times, check battery and other componentsof the faucet. If you do not have a PDA they will sell you one preloaded withtheir software. Here is the brochure http://www.chicagofaucets.com/pdf/CF1074.pdf
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    Ron's Facebook
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I installed 16 Zurn sensor lavatory faucets in a building some years ago (6?). One by one they have stopped working. Batteries have been replaced but it is cheaper to replace the whole faucet than any of the components and the whole faucet ain't cheap. Needless to say the property management co. is rather perturbed.
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X