Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitch on outside area drains to street ??

I don't have much fall from rear yard to street curb! Think 1/16" per foot is ok ? Will shoot grades this Morn.
    May run them into a sump pit and 2" it to curb. Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Pitch on outside area drains to street ??

it's always a problem with yard drains unless the lot is on a hill.

clean water will always seek the lower level. but we all know that mud and leaves will get into the line. trying to hold a true 1/8'' per foot with plastic is very difficult. 1/16'' is impossible.

that's why jetting area drains is the only real way of cleaning them. a snake only stirs up the debris and never truly washes it out.

a sump pit is not necessarily the best way due to extra cost, maintenance and possible power outages. but at only 1/16'' per foot, it's the only real way for the area drains to properly drain and flush is to have a properly graded system drain into a sump basin and then pump it to the street.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Good news the longest run gives Me 1/4" fall per ft. No sump !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A sump pit is not necessarily the best way due to the extra cost, maintenance and possible power outages. But at only 1/16'' per foot, it's the only real way for the area drains to properly drain and flush is to have a properly graded system drain into a sump basin and then pump it to the street.
        "Ruhrpumpen.com" Leading Manufacturer Of High Quality Centrifugal Pump

Comment

Consider a catch basin on those long runs, it will give a central place to catch debris, it can be opened and vacced out, or buried with a 4" riser to the surface to be shop vacced out when needed
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
          X