X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanical Tees

I'm currently working on a chilled water system and also a heat reclaim system that are piped with sch40 plastic. I've been told there are mechanical tees that are approved for use on sch40, but I'm not able to come up with any info.

Anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Mechanical Tees

The only thing I can think of is Flanged. How big of Pipe? I am guessing this for the Water towers? You would have to glue the flanges onto the tee and then use bolts and gaskets. I would be afraid of any other method.
    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

they probably mean something like this:

EBAA Iron, Inc. - AWWA PVC Pipe Restraint and Joint Restraints
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Or, Ford Meter Box - Product View

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. What I'm really looking for is something like the Victaulic 920. Something that I can drill a hole in the pipe and then bolt on a brached outlet. What I'm running into is having to install tees with bushings, male adapters, then a threaded coupling to install sensor wells and thermometers.

I'm working with 6", 3", and 2 1/2" primarily. Chiller sits on the roof of a 4 story building and feeds 2 AHU's on the main floor.

I've been told Spears makessuch a device, but I'm having trouble accessing them online to find out.

Comment

u-bolt mechanical tee suppliers and u-bolt mechanical tee manufacturers info - at SeekPart.com

mostly china

Spears Manufacturing, PVC & CPVC Plastic Pipe Fittings & Valves (this works for me)
            Last edited by Plumber Punky; 12-07-2012, 07:02 PM.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Anvil Piping Product - Grooved - Gruvlok® - Branch Outlets - 7045 Clamp-T, FPT Branch

Is this what you are looking for??

Not sure if it would work on plastic pipe, have used thousands of them on steel pipe.

Comment

click on the drop down menu to the left, under grooved products for more of the same only different saddles.

Comment

Yep, ideally that's what I'd like to use....... I,too, have use a bunch on steel. They sure would be handy if I had something that was approved for plastic.

Comment

My guess is you're not going to find anything.

Comment

Found this in about 15 seconds searching. Can't be what you need can it?

http://www.spearsmfg.com/new_prod_an...2_0912_web.pdf

Comment

Hhhmmm........ that looks interesting. Not quite what I was picturing, but may be the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                        X