X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fluidmaster Pro 45B

Hey were you looking in my van again?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    For the same reasons we accept and even defend pex, pro press, Ava's, flexi supplies etc. it's either fast, cheap or easy.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
      Pulled another one last week with a hairline on the plastic shank. I know there's probably millions installed, but I don't know why we accept the plastic shank as good enough.

I always considered plastic shank faucets garbage and most every plumber I know agreed. Probably what will end up with exclusively with lead laws being the excuse.
      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      yes toto / hunter ballcocks are junk. i've had entire water mains shake like an earthquake and it was because of a toto ballcock.

but what i was talking about in this thread are the shanks of a plastic ballcock splitting. those have been 99% on kohler ballcocks both fluidmaster and 1b1x style. factory overtightening and i believe that the flow restrictor had a lot to do with it.

rick.

Majority of connections to toilets from the design of water supply come with the notion a plastic (FIP) nut connects to the shank.

I'd much prefer plastic to plastic than plastic (FIP) to a brass shank, only because those two plastics (shank and nut) work somewhat together from the constant temperature variances that make them brittle over time.

From room temperature to incoming cold, numerous times a day. Seen lots of cross threaded plastic nuts to brass shanks, whether faucet/toilet/other plumbing fixture receiving potable water.

The 400A's seem to be a very reliable product, rarely have callbacks. That's a win in my business.

TOTO lost my business when they openly admitted that their Hunter/GMAX Fill Valves have a $3.48 part that corrects the problem with their integral float cup....

but they'd rather dig into the pockets of the unsuspecting consumer than create something that follows quality and reliability.

Haven't put a Toto toilet in for years now, make a better product.
      Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        For the same reasons we accept and even defend pex, pro press, Ava's, flexi supplies etc. it's either fast, cheap or easy.
        I don`t mind pex but what has happened in Aus is there are just to many differnent systems on the market and new ones coming out every day with their own fittings and tools and not inter changable I went to a job last week a burst hot water pipe in a bathroom wall and when I gained access I wished I had never come it was a pex system that had never taken off and I was left holding the bag I cannot understand why the authorities allowed all these different brands onto the market as the plumber in future is going to be in the same boat as I was without a paddle

Tony

Comment

Tony we have been banging on about this issue for ages. Took forever for some to bring out coloured pipe as well. Did you ever see the system they put together with the claim of being totally universal, what a joke. As far as fluidmaster is concerned I swap out with Geberit, better specs and easier to adjust. Big bucks for me

Comment

Working...
          X