Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endicott plumber sues Johnson City, two village officials over license denial

http://www.pressconnects.com/article...WS01/312020011
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Re: Endicott plumber sues Johnson City, two village officials over license denial

No politics involved there. That's for sure.

Comment

Re: Endicott plumber sues Johnson City, two village officials over license denial

No every wants competition they don't like

Comment

There has to be more to this ...I could be wrong but ... perhaps the guy wants to wiggle into an area through reciprocity when coming through the front door is harder ...

He could Test and do it the hard way ...

Comment

If Kevin is right on His facts, I hope he wins. When He;s licensed who signs off his work ?? He He . I thing this is the 1st chapter of a very interesting novel !
          Please keep us all updated ! WE WANT THE DIRT !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

actually i see this as a possible problem with my license. The town i'm licensed in now has a reciprocity agreement with my entire county. That is, as long as my license is in good standing and paid in this town, it is good in any other town in my county. I can see where the other hoity-toity or good-ole-boy-network towns will have issues with this.
            ~~

Comment

I knew of a guy who was taking his master plumber test, and he was asked to pour a few joints and to have his C.I. mock up hold water for 8 minutes.

Well the guy failed the test, not because his mock up leaked, when they took the joints apart, he was an 1/8" shy on his lead amount.

On his way out he told them to lawyer up....it never made it to court as they settled out of court (he got his Master's) and they no longer take the joints apart.

Comment

here, it is no longer required to pour lead joints. though, i have seen the tools and have actually held them in my hands. it is becoming a lost art. the terms and methods were still on the written test i took.

i do know how to repair and/or join new cast iron using oakum and the lead replacement goo.
                ~~

Comment

They make lead goo HUH !!!!! I've used oakum and pl premium... "dont worry it was on my house not a customers" I have to do a full repipe on this place pretty quick. I didnt buy it for its plumbing. I could see that becoming a problem, thats one thing nice about our ticket its good anywhere in the country. Plus all the code books with exception of Quebee are based off of the national code. That must be a pain to get a new license every time you work out of town?

Comment

He does not deserve a plumbing licsance period if he could not pour a proper joint. It is not all that hard to ensure you have the right amount space to get a proper pour. When I took my test, the testers inspected my tools to make sure I had the right tools, that they where in good working order, and I did not grind a mark on my caulking iron. If you have the wrong hammer you loose a point, if your irons have mushroomed heads from years of use, you loose points, and so on. So I doubt he was failed on the lack of lead, there had to be more points lost.

After the pour we were told to take our pipe into a booth and break it open and bring back the lead and oakum. When I brought mine back, they looked at it and said you must be from Chicago. I told them yep, but how can you tell? He said the boys south of Crook County got so used to using plastic, they do not get enough practice to pour a perfect lead joint.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      So I doubt he was failed on the lack of lead, there had to be more points lost.
                      Trust me, he failed because of not having enough lead. That's why they took the fittings apart in the first place, as he had a hair too much oakum.

Bucks County Pa. was one of those area's in where it was hard as heck to a get a Master Plumbing license. They tried to control how many license's were issued a year.

My cousin failed the the written part of the test 3 times because of a technicality, because the answer could of went either way. Those days are long gone though.
                      Last edited by Flux; 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                        They make lead goo HUH !!!!! I've used oakum and pl premium... "dont worry it was on my house not a customers" I have to do a full repipe on this place pretty quick. I didnt buy it for its plumbing. I could see that becoming a problem, thats one thing nice about our ticket its good anywhere in the country. Plus all the code books with exception of Quebee are based off of the national code. That must be a pain to get a new license every time you work out of town?
                        The goo is sort of like an epoxy that turns to a plastic like stuff. Technical, i know...

it used to be that i had to apply for new licenses for every town. expensive or VERY expensive if a test had to be taken again. i dont work much out of my county anymore so it's not such a huge deal. I do see in the future a good possibility of a statewide license, if this reciprocal agreement is any indication. Erie county is very cheap and always tries to pass the buck to the larger government.
                        ~~

Comment

Working...
                        X