Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help finding a fitting

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
    I called John Guest for you. According to them, they do not make it.

You might have a much higher standard than myself in this scenario, but it seems this is getting overthunk some.
    If companies want to puff their chests out and say how great pex manifolds are, these companies should make sure you can hook up all applications. I shouldn't have to tap into a dedicated line on a pex manifold system when that line is dedicated to something else. I shouldn't have to double valve a humidifier, and it's not like a humidifier is some new invention hitting the market.

I can buy the goofiest fittings on the market that I will never use in my plumbing career, but yet I can't find a simple 1/2" pex x 1/4" poly push fitting?

I don't know...for my house, I don't want to feel like I have to "shoemaker" a fitting into place to put moisture into my air. If I have to do it the old way, I'm fine with that, but I think it's ridiculous regardless.

I'm trying to use the Pex manifold for what it was designed and fabricated for, but yet I can't do it 100%. Anyone can slap a fitting into place to make something work...I just don't want to do that in my house If I can help it.
    Last edited by Flux; 12-21-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

OK. I was wrong, I have 1/2" O.D. to 3/8". I don't know why, I will never use them. It looks like crimping on an angle stop is the best way to go. I hate to admit Rick was right, but it seems to be a common theme on here. Merry Christmas.
      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
        OK. I was wrong, I have 1/2" O.D. to 3/8". I don't know why, I will never use them. It looks like crimping on an angle stop is the best way to go. I hate to admit Rick was right, but it seems to be a common theme on here. Merry Christmas.
        That just fires me up even more to find this darn fitting, as an angle stop is not the only way to go.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, but I finally found the fitting. (Plumbing supply.com) Very nice people to talk with on the phone as well.

John Guest makes a 3/8 x 1/4 reducing union connector. I can run 3/8" out from the Viega manifold and slip the connector on and onto the humidifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            Thanks for all the help guys, but I finally found the fitting. (Plumbing supply.com) Very nice people to talk with on the phone as well.

John Guest makes a 3/8 x 1/4 reducing union connector. I can run 3/8" out from the Viega manifold and slip the connector on and onto the humidifier.
            Ah he!!, I found that in less than 2 minutes!! Guess I didn't understand how you wanted to do it. Glad you found what you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
              Ah he!!, I found that in less than 2 minutes!! Guess I didn't understand how you wanted to do it. Glad you found what you wanted.
              Trust me Bob,I had a hard time finding this fitting, even though you think it wouldn't be hard to find. It's all good, it's nice to exchange ideas with fellow tradesman.

Comment

We have a place ove rhere called Pneutech - www.pneutech.com.au. These guys are always ready to help and great to deal with. Never say never, just post on this forum and someone will always pipe in to help. Wish we had this sort of comradery down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

that's a very common fitting for filters and ro units out here. i have a bag of them.

does your manifold already have a shut off to each run? an angle stop at the humidifier is no different than one at every faucet and toilet.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    that's a very common fitting for filters and ro units out here. i have a bag of them.

does your manifold already have a shut off to each run? an angle stop at the humidifier is no different than one at every faucet and toilet.

rick.
                    Yea Rick, I have the Viega "Manabloc" and I have quite a few open ports in 1/2" and 3/8" with an integral valve.

I seen some of these fittings, but it's mostly the water conditioning guys out here who use them. They are hard to come by, and I never see them in the supply house.

Comment

I didn't know you had a 3/8" option. I do have a bag of those on my truck. Glad you found what you are looking for.
                      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
                        I didn't know you had a 3/8" option. I do have a bag of those on my truck. Glad you found what you are looking for.
                        I went back to my original post to see what I wrote, and I did say I could use a 3/8" x 1/4", but you guys must of over looked that. I should of said the proper term of Manabloc instead of manifold, and I wasn't thinking either on that. You and Rick both having a bag of them..I'm like "wtf...why didn't you guys say anything?" lol

It's the 1/2" x 1/4" that's nowhere to be found in a push fitting, unless you use a reducer, which John Guest has.

It's all good...I found it, and just waiting on it now. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                        X